Monkey on My Back...and Cravings!

Why is there no menu monday today? well that's because it's empty! yep....you got it...EMPTY! The big kids are gone again for another week and hubs and I want to see how long I can go w/o going to the store. (ok I have to go today for food things for Lily, but not us) It's the "Find ingredients from the pantry and freezer and let's make a meal" week! Imagine not having a $400 plus bill this week? Ok I am begging to go to Red Lobster...I'm craving it...for a weird reason....haven't eaten there in almost 2 years...Got a coupon for $10 off a meal...thought it best to go w/the 3 of us this week while the kids are gone.

Sort of want to kill 2 birds w/1 drive w/that trip too. You see Bed Bath and Beyond has a baby store similar to Babies R Us that just opened finally by us. (it's in the same parking lot as BB & B and the Red Lobster) You can even use the %20 off coupon you get for BB&B at the Buy Buy Baby store) I've got my eyes on this double stroller....and the %20 makes it soooo worth it!

I panic thinking of taking Lily and the baby grocery shopping. I never had problems w/the last 3. Even after having Mini Me...the oldest was 4...middle was 2 and then new baby! I could have the boys stand next to me no problem....


Lily? Well she's a different story...the minute you let her feet touch the ground she's off like a bull out of the pen! I wonder how on earth groceries is going to work. Now she is blissfully happy to sit in the buggy and ride around. But w/a carrier and her...nope! I saw a mom the other day use one of those monkey's on the back straps....she had it tethered to the buggy...it was awesome. The infant was in the carrier in the buggy and the wild demon...I mean child was tethered to the buggy....she tried to run away when mom grabbed some meat from the case and boom...she could only go so far! I wanted to high five the mom! Ding Ding...I might have found a solution..... (grins) Short of killing my back w/a back pack for Lily when shopping ...I might just try that out!

I have to boast on my hubs for 2 secs. He isn't one to really give "IN" to my cravings. Like the other day...I was craving a Blizzard from DQ...it's about 30 mins away and he looked at me like I was crazy. Said to me..."Honey if you want one...go and get one" ....so I did! That is usually his response for my cravings!

BUT...YES A BUT...yesterday and the day b4 I had been talking non stop about how badly I needed...yes needed a Thai Crunch Salad from CPK...and he drove the 30 mins to get me one! WOOHOO....I was in heaven and totally adored him and my salad. I'd kill for another one again right now....anyone? anyone? anyone?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Shannon said…
So jealous of the new baby store, but it's also a very good thing we don't have one. I don't need any more excuses to drop cashola!

Your cravings have my stomach growling and yes, a DQ blizzard is definitely worth a drive! Yum!

Enjoy Red Lobster and have a cheddar bay biscuit (or two) for me!
Neely said…
All of my girlfriends have registered at Buy Buy Baby and I love going in there. Its such a super cute store!
Oh how funny! My hubbs totally wants one of those monkey backs for when we have our baby, so now that you witnessed first hand how well it works, I'll most def be registering for it
Unknown said…
I had no idea you could use BB and B coupons at Buy buy Baby!
Tara said…
Yay! You got your salad!!! :)
LeAnna said…
I need one of those monkey tethers, too! And I've so craved salad this pregnancy, I could go for a thai chicken salad. Yeeeee-um.
Ok, what is CPK?!?! Saw this on Facebook and was going to ask you, but I forgot!

Also - get a sitter when you have to go to the store! The best 2 hours alone you could have! :)
Im with Aly what is CPK? PS- if you get Lils one of those leashes Ben will never let you live it down! Oh and we went to BuyBuy baby on Sat..its amazing!
I've never heard of Buy Buy Baby! I'll have to check that out. I hope you get your Red Lobster fix...and maybe buy yourself a little treat since you're saving so much on groceries this week! :)
jen said…
We just got buy buy baby here. Love their crib sets.
I was going to suggest the monkey on Lilly's back (Hyrum's is a dog), and it works awesome. It only took him a few times earing it to learn to stay by me.
I'm not promising that this will happen for you. He is three and a half. He never would have stayed by me at her age.
Ashley said…
We have a little horse backpack and C likes it but it doesn't keep him close, if he can't get away he will throw himself down and thrash and the tantrums start. :) What about a carrier/sling for the baby and that way Lily can still sit in the cart? Just a thought.

You have me craving a Thai Crunch Salad now!
New Mommy!!! said…
Red Lobster sounds fabulous, I haven't eaten there in, I'd say 9 years, on my 21st birthday. Wow, that was a LONG time ago!! I actually really like their food too, strange. Ha! I think the hubs and I tried to eat there one time but the wait was too long so we went somewhere else.

I love those little back packs things. I think they're adorable!! Too funny! I would liove to see you try and put Lils in one of those things, ha!

It;s nice when you can get by the food you have at home without going to the store that week!

More money for soemthing else!

This BBB store sounds fab. Would probably be dangerous for me, ouch!! Ha, ha!
jacquelyn said…
my friend and i went to buy buy baby yesterday, neither of us have kids, we just wanted to see it.... i'm feeling a bit weary- i had NO idea what half of that stuff was!!! eeeek, luckily kids arent in our plan for the next year or so, but if they were i'd have LOTS of learning to do! hahaa! :)

ps. i love red lobster too!
Stef said…
Oh those cravings. It is worse when you are not sure what you want, but you know what you DON'T want. That is awful. And how nice that your hubby gives into your whims now and then.
Lboy does not let me grocery shop. He wants down down down & then when he gets down he takes off! I usually end up holding him on my hip & then shopping with one hand. lol Good Luck figuring it all out!

And I hope you get to go to Red Lobster!

Popular Posts