Hurry Before He Changes His Mind

If you know my hubs you will know how anal he is about things being in order and clean. He is a stickler for organization. You should see his side of the closet or sink! Me? ...I start off that way, but when you are taking care of 4 kids you get a bit behind. I try my best to keep things cleared off...everything in it's place etc. I have to admit it feels great, but sadly things don't stay that way. A few times a week I'll notice the pantry or fridge gets re-organized. For anyone else that might bother them...not me....I love knowing hubby has been there! :o)

It was over a year of living in our home before we hung anything in our new house. Anal boy again doesn't like my hanging style. Ok Ok I admit I sometimes just eyeball where the hole should go, but it works (sometimes) Finally after a year when I did hang something...took me ages b/c I was making sure the hole was just right. And little by little I made my way around to each room hanging stuff!

Hubs has finally relaxed about my hanging stuff and so far so good....
BUT don't get me started on painting walls. I've been wanting to add a touch of color and pizazz to walls in the house...accents really for over 3 years.

THIS WEEKEND IT HAPPENED.

I told hubs what I was thinking for about 3 walls and he said sure. I wasn't sure I heard him correctly. (ran over to his tea glass wondering if there was really tea inside...haha) Again I repeated myself and said I was going to paint and glaze. He again said sure.

So Saturday morning I ran to Lowe's before he had a chance to change his mind. I put Lily down for a nap and started taping off....she woke up before the 2nd coat was dry and I thought I'd have to wait until that evening to finished. She surprised me and I painted 2 of the 3 walls I had planned...she didn't pay me any attention!

Here are some before and after photos!


Hubs was actually quite pleased with the outcome and so am I. I had no idea what colors to choose or how it would turn out....heck I was just freaking out he said go for it! I have one wall left today...the Living Room wall! I'm a bit sore from all that work yesterday, but can't wait to finish!

Hubs made me giggle...I was humming and excited the whole time I was painting...he kept saying..."You're pretty happy huh?" UMMMM HELLO....!!

A friend mentioned that I was nesting....nah....But it dawned on me...the last time I painted and glazed the walls I was pregnant w/Kate.... 10 yrs ago (she turns 10 in Jan) In fact....this baby and Kate have the exact same due date! Pretty cool huh?

(walls....2 base coats of corkboard color paint....and sponged glaze in mocha. I took a paper towel and blotted the glaze a bit.....viola!)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Amy Lynn said…
That looks AWESOME! I'm so glad the Hubs didn't give you a hard time about it... :)
Erin said…
The walls look great!
Love the paint color. Hmmm, wonder what wall I can attempt that with??? : )
OOO I love that color! You did an awesome job!
Ashley said…
Good job! It looks great!
Genesis said…
when my Bf lets me do something he has vehemently opposed for so long, its like someone just gave an unlimited giftcard to a shoe store!

your paint jobs look great. is that a sponge/stucco look on the wall?
New Mommy!!! said…
Looks great!! Glad the hubs agreed, I understand how that goes. Completely understand...but shouldn;t your hubs have helped and/or done it for you???

Am I the only to think this, ha!!
You're preggers, you should not be painting/glazing/standing on ladders, ha! You poor thing!

Don't do this anymore, you hear me?? Ha! I don't care if it is PCV paint or whatever tha paint is that's safe for for babies. No more, you hear me? (ha, ha) No seriously. You tell hubs to do it from now on.
I love it! I would totally do the same thing! :) Looks great!
Neely said…
Looks amazing Laura! You did an excellent Job!
New Mommy!!! said…
I posted about your black and white dream experience on that post. Hope it helps!
Secret Mommy said…
Do we have the same husband? We've lived in our house 8 years and tho I've hung some things on the walls (while he's at work...lol) we still have the drab beige the builders used on ALL the walls. We're thinking of moving next year and I'm going to paint IMMEDIATELY! :) I love your colors and the glaze. I might even show the pics to hubby to show him how nicely it turns out when a hubs lets his wife go for it. :)
Secret Mommy said…
Do we have the same husband? We've lived in our house 8 years and tho I've hung some things on the walls (while he's at work...lol) we still have the drab beige the builders used on ALL the walls. We're thinking of moving next year and I'm going to paint IMMEDIATELY! :) I love your colors and the glaze. I might even show the pics to hubby to show him how nicely it turns out when a hubs lets his wife go for it. :)
Kelsey said…
It looks so good!!
Shannon said…
Well well, look who was super busy this weekend! Everything looks beautiful!
it looks so good...youve got skills!
KMServino said…
The walls look great!
jen said…
Those are spectacular. Seriously. I can't believe you did them. LOVE LOVE LOVE THE COLORS. Great choice.
Mama B said…
Love the new wall colors! It looks great. :)

Popular Posts