More on Baby Names and a Rocking Dinner

Today we are 15 weeks. I borrowed my neighbors doppler again and heard that precious baby's heart beating....! Nothing more incredible than hearing a life growing inside you. I am really trying to talk about this baby a lot to Little Lily....When we go into her room I'll point to the crib and tell her this is where her baby will sleep. I will point to my tummy and tell her the baby is sleeping in mommy's tummy and when we listen for the heartbeat...she is helping me and I tell her that is the baby's heart beating....
We say "Hi baby" to my belly too!
I know she will make an incredible big sister just like the big kids are to her!

Hubs is convinced it's a GIRL and calls her by name all the time.

I got a lot of you asking the names...Ok I'll tell you the name as soon as we find out what we are having...almost a month to go now and I'm on pins and needles!

I wrote the baby names on the menu board last night to see how they look. Hubs added an E to the end of the girl's name. I have to admit I like it. He told me that was the correct spelling of it and when he pulled up one of my fav actresses w/that name and noticed that's how she spelled it I was hooked! haha

Another one of my fav actresses has that name too...(she spells it diff) and I totally loved her until I saw an interview recently in a magazine w/her. I was shocked at her parenting views. (I still like her name even though she is a nut)
I've been told I even look like her in the past. I think it's her cheekbones and the shape of her eyes!

So any ideas? (wiggles eyebrows?)

Lily has been feeding objects her food lately. The other day she fed her Roni (macaroni) to the Little Bear dvd cover. I mean I guess he had to eat too huh?
Well yesterday I was craving Hummus and gave Little Lily some...I went to get her bowl and noticed it was empty and realized I have a fan of hummus like her big sister. That is until I looked closer. Look at her wooden doll...I guess she was hungry too!



I'm not sure I have posted this before, but it is by far a favorite dish of mine. Quick and easy and soooo dern yummy! For those on WW...8 pts per serving.


Chicken Tamale Casserole


Ingredients

* 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
* 1/3 cup fat-free milk
* 1/4 cup egg substitute
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
* 1 (8.5-ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Martha White)
* 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
* Cooking spray
* 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso)
* 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
* 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 400°.

2. Combine 1/4 cup cheese and next 7 ingredients (through chiles) in a large bowl, stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.

3. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.


The Inlaws are coming for dinner and I can't wait!!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Ashley said…
You have me curious, I'll come back shortly with a guess. :)
I know what they are!!! But my lips are sealed!

Wonderful to hear that you are talking to Lily about the baby! Don't want her to be all shocked when it comes!
is that doll magnetic and you can dress her up? R has that one if so! and I thought the name had an e on it too! I like it! Now I want to know who the actress is though...guess Ill google it and hope it pulls up by first name?
New Mommy!!! said…
That is hilarious. Nik is always feeding her stuffed animals and dolls, but hasnt gone as far to feed dvd's. We don't have that magnetic doll, but it's super cute. I have wanted oen of those for Nik.

Is it Julianne Moore? I think that's wrong, but I will think about it, and get back to you.

I fixed my email, I never knew how. I don't have a link for it, but I think you can check the email box in comments, maybe. Or do I need to set a link, you'll have to help me with that too, I'm afraid. hee,hee
New Mommy!!! said…
okay, anne hathaway?
So cute... feeding the doll. Your dinner looks wonderful. As for the baby name I can't wait till you tell us. Glad you are feeling good.
New Mommy!!! said…
I did it correct I swear!! I need professional blog help, like a blog assistant. Ha! I am getting emails now when people write me comments. But, it's showing the comments that are public t everyone, so you can't be discreet if that's what you mean.

I give up. hee, hee
Annie said…
oh man....I cant wait to find outthe gender AND the name you chose!!!

So funny about Lils feeding everything :)
Unknown said…
Ok now I really want to know, I am going to go nuts wondering what the names are
Ah no fair Aly knows? I'm going to suck it out of her! I want to know! :)

Yummy dish!
Oh man, I REALLY wanna know the name now!! You stinker haha
Shannon said…
You really shouldn't tease us like this! Haha! I'm going with Anne H. too and Anne Hache (spell?) since she's somewhat of a nut...

That picture is hilarious of the food on the doll...kids are creative aren't they?!

I'm changing the menu to include this recipe!

Yummo!
Shannon said…
Alright....Bethenny?
Stef said…
Hmmm.. I am so bad with names. It takes us a long time to come up with a name. Can't wait to see what gender your babycakes is.
And that food looks delicious!
Just came over from Mara's blog because I have to admit I just loved the name of your site! And now I guess that I'll just have to come back to find out what you're going to be naming your baby :)!!

www.pursespastriesetc.com
Tiffany said…
Reese, I guess Reese! Am I right? Just tell me. Sheesh.
Morgan said…
Yeah, I think I'm sticking with Brooke. Brooke Sheilds, Brooke Burke, Brooke Burns. (P.S., that's my middle name!!)

Popular Posts