You're My Hero = Code for You're a Freak

Cartoon-Super-Glue


When we told our friends....(or pretty much everyone) that we were expecting baby #6, a bunch of people kept saying I was their hero. What did that even mean? Hero for what?


I finally had to ask everyone...

Is that just code for "You're a freak for having 6 kids..better you than me"??? kind of hero?

Everyone says it takes patience to have lots of kids....nope just organization. There are plenty of days I have zero patience for anything. Just like anyone with 1 or 10 kids. Sometimes there are just those days. I find that if I can keep the routine then the house can run smoothly. None of the kids have to ask what they need to be doing or when is dinner...b/c those things happen at same time everyday. (ok some days have hiccups...one needs to be able to go with the flow too)


They say I must have come from a huge family myself. Nope....My mom just had my older brother (by 2 yrs) and me.

They say I must have always wanted a big family....Nope, never really gave it much thought....I just really love being a mommy and each baby has been a blessing when he/she comes.

They say I must be totally loaded.....Nope far from it....Where some families go on exotic vacations with their hubs and 2 kids every winter or summer....or where their kids wear all the designer labels....or they go on dates every weekend with their spouse....or they get to drive the latest flashy pretty new car...Nope...not me. I figure those things will come later in life for me. Right now I instill different kind of life things...I'm instilling family fun....

I love having a pack of kids surrounding me....You know it's funny...when I see a mom with 4 or more kids I think "wow...that's a lot of kids". Then I have to stop and smack my head.....ummm hello Laura...you're about to have 6. I guess it just doesn't phase me that I've got a lot of little rugrats....


I had my first midwife appt yesterday.

Everything went lovely!! Nothing like hearing that precious baby's heart beating....telling you there is yet again another sweet life you've created living inside you.

The visit was definitely a hoot. I'm very grateful my midwives love all 'their' babies as much as they do. My little ones were having a ball in the room with us. Reid was sitting on my chest during half of my exam.....and the other half Betty blew up some hand gloves and the kids played with their "turkeys"

I'm looking forward to another 4 weeks when little bean is heard again....

Mark your calendars....March 14th (I'm sure I'll be reminding you again)....but in 8 weeks we get to see how big Little Bean is and find out if I'm growing a Cowgirl or Cowboy....(looks like from the poll the girls are winning)

Comments

I do think you're a freak. :)

heehee. In the best possible way, of course!!

Someone asked me the other day if I always wanted a big family. I didn't. I was a one boy and one girl kinda gal. Glad that changed, though!
Dianna said…
I think you are awesome and want to do the same! I am now struggling with giving up some of the material things so that we can have a large family (and I have to convince my up tight husband!)
The Herd said…
You are so funny...you voice my wonderings too. I have too done that---glance at a Mom with 4 in awe!--and I have 4, especially, when the kids are grown up...those moms look amazing to me! Excited for you!
K
Shellsea said…
I agree, Sometimes people think they're asking an honest, simple question. But often it just comes off as a little rude. Or making a comment comes off that way. More kids to love means more love. I love big families.
LeAnna said…
I think you are an ammaaaaaaaazing Momma. Nobody has everything "perfect" but the key is knowing that and loving life anyway, right?! Glad you got to hear the bean. I voted boy, btw. ;)
Ashley said…
You're so funny! Glad you had a great first visit, and I can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or girl. I'm thinking girl!
Lily Dawn said…
hehe- everyone looks at me like I am nuts when I talk about having another (our 4th). I never planned on a big family either- but once I had them, I can't imagine anything better. And I am already looking forward to all the grandbabies I get to spoil rotten (is that weird?) Anyway, I love reading about your adventures!

~Lily

Popular Posts