A New Years Surprise.....

A new blog look......I thought the New Year needed to start off right.











Ok that's not the whole SURPRISE.....THIS IS...

It's still early yet but.......

baby

SURPRISE.

Little bean is 9 weeks today. It's been super hard keeping this secret for as long as I did.
And the fact that it's #6 makes little bean pop out my belly a little faster than before. So hiding is starting to be an issue.

I went in last week to double check that all those little "Pregnant" sticks were really true, and lo and behold they were.

I tell you no matter how many babies I see on a sono each one makes me giggle with delight at such a tiny miracle.

Pregnancy is a gift that I don't take for granted.....(esp after losing the baby before Reid) I was a little more nervous when I was carrying him....I kept thinking all the 'what if's' ...this time around I have decided to sit back and enjoy what I've been given. It's in God's hands....(Easy to type harder to let go though)

Speaking of God....I am guessing He has a sense of humor when it comes to me.....Lily and Reid both don't sleep through the night. Lily wakes a few times seeking a warm body. Then when she does she will twirl my hair until I swear it's going to break off at the scalp...(how she puts herself to sleep) Reid....? Well when he teethes the whole world knows. I can't seem to catch a break. His nose runs and he gets a cough...which makes him miserable. Takes forever to get the nose and cough to go away....only to start it all over again with another tooth. Which really throws his schedule off. He will have one really good week and then BOOM a new tooth...and there we are for another 3 weeks off sleeping. I keep praying babe 6 pops out happy and sleeping through the night. (a girl can dream)

Wondering the reaction of the big kids? We got that "look" again.....Extra asked where on earth the baby was going to sleep since we are out of rooms. Then of course they all look at each other and shout they are not sharing with anyone. Aww gotta love sibling love. That was it....no 'ohhh yea how cool'

So there you have the secret.....I am horrible at keeping them....especially when it's an exciting one!

My next midwife appt is in a few weeks....I think when I hear that little heartbeat again and make it past the 1st tri hurdle we can let our hair down officially and party like it's 1999....

Hope you stick with me on my journey of a middle aged mom who's a hot mess pregnant with #6. I don't have all the answers....I just pretend to my kids I do.

Comments

WooHoo!! I was so excited when I read this I exclaimed, "Holy Moly!" and Lilly-Belle says, "You say, Holy Moly?" :) What wonderful news to read this morning! Congratulations Laura!
I knew that's what you were going to announce! congratulations!! What an exciting surprise!

You MUST enter my giveaway! I am going to repost it soon but it's up now :)
carissa said…
adorable new look! i'm so happy for you. if anyone should be fruitful and multiply it's you since you're such a great mother!!! praying for your baby and i hope you are able to get some rest (like that's possible?). : )
Shannon said…
So glad you finally let the cat out of the bag...always worried I would slip up and spill the beans on then new little Scott bean to be! Happy New Year! XO
jen said…
I was wondering from the title if this was the surprise. Congratulations! You've still got a way to go to catch me! That should be your goal, you know!
Keep healthy and get some sleep.
Love and hugs to you and peanut. due date?
LeAnna said…
I LOVE THIS POST.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to shout, but you know I do. I heart you, Mama. Everything will work out just fine and over the next three or four years you will be AMAZED at how it all fit together like wonderful pieces of a puzzle. {hugs}
Perfectly Jenn said…
Congratulations!!!!!
So excited to read what's in store for this pregnancy! Blessings to you and your family!
Congrats! I'm so excited for your sweet little family, and I love the new look!
The Herd said…
ok, so I just live vicariously through your pregnancies...so fun!!! I'm so excited for you even if Extra looks at the practical!
:)))

It's gonna be perfect, and everything will work out.

Yippeee!!
Ashley said…
Congratulations again! I'm so so happy for y'all! Loving the new blog look too :)
JDub said…
Congrats!! This is wonderful!! I'm so excited for you guys :)
Lori said…
CONGRATULATIONS! What a way to start 2012 :)
Caroline said…
I knew this already! :) Love it! Love you! So happy we became such great friends! xoxox
Katie said…
WOW! So exciting, congrats...you are one amazing mom!
Rachel said…
Yay! So excited for y'all!
Congrats Laura!!! So now I have to come back AGAIN to visit this little one?!?! ;) Kidding! Anxious to hear more about "it"
Neely said…
So glad I only had to keep this a secret for like 2 days :)
Stef said…
I am so excited for you....and a little jealous. I would have more babies if Hubs would agree...unfortunately he has taken permanent measures so no more babies. So I will be living vicariously through you. Babies are always...ALWAYS good news! Congrats!!
likeschocolate said…
Congratulations! What a blessing for your family!
likeschocolate said…
Congratulations! What a blessing for your family!
Joanne said…
Wow! I admire and am scared of you! Mostly admire though... I think it's awesome. I can't wait to hear about your latest adventures.
Dana said…
CONGRATS!!!!! So very happy and excited for you!!!!
Unknown said…
Wowy zowy! How exciting! Congrats!
I luv you!! And am SOOOO happy for you!!! :)
Anna said…
OMG OMG!! Congrats mama, so very excited for you!! What a blessing I will say a prayer for you and the family!
Stacie said…
Congrats, what exciting news!!!
Dianna said…
I am behind on my blogs and just read this finally! Congrats! Very exciting! 6 kids is awesome but scary! You are one brave momma! I can't wait to follow your through the journey.
Congratulations!!

(And also? BETTER YOU THAN ME.)

:)
WOW-O-WOW!! I've been away from the blog world for awhile!!! Congrats!!! SO excited for you and your family!!! :)
Jessi said…
I don't know how I missed this!! So exciting! So happy for you! We're patiently working on #5 and hoping to be pregnant soon as well!
Laura!!!!!! OMG I am so sorry to be a month late in congratulating you, but HOW FABULOUS is this news! EEEK!! Your babies are all so beautiful and I know that the new bebe on the way is going to be equally as sweet and precious! Wishing you lots of love and well wishes for a continued healthy pregnancy from my little baby cakes on the way and me!! xoxoxo

Popular Posts