Creamy Blueberry Banana Dessert

1

I had totally forgotten about this recipe....it was stashed in the back of my dessert card file. I have so many recipe boxes or folders or clipping around that I totally need to get organized this year and bust a system out. I can't part with some of my actual handwritten recipe cards though....they have history/memories/sentimental value.


It was nearing Wednesday dinner with the Inlaws and I needed a dessert. I thought blueberry....which had me thinking fruity....which had me thinking cream cheese....which made a light bulb go off to remind me of this dessert.


I'm not even sure it has an actual name....nor can I remember where I got this...(from a person not a book)
I hadn't made it in years, but knew it was a favorite of mine.

YOU MUST MAKE IT.....everyone went in for 2nds if not 3rds. That's when you know you have a winner on your hands. Simple ingredients Simple to prepare...what more can you ask for?


Blueberry Banana Dessert


1 pkg Pecan Sandies

3-4 bananas

8 0z cream cheese (softened)

1 1/4 cup powdered sugar

1 tsp lemon juice

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 pint cool whip

blueberry pie filling


Mix:

cream cheese, powered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in cool whip


In a 9x13 layer pecan cookies on the bottom

top with banana slices

top with cream cheese mixture (I've even thought about doubling for extra)

*dollop cream cheese all over top and then spread together. Go slow ....takes a few mins to spread*


Chill


Spread blueberry pie filling before serving.


I like to make mine the day before.....and I put the pie filling in the fridge too. I will spread the filling before I serve...(I like things cold) The flavors overnight have a chance to marry ...and the cookies soften a bit....it's quite lovely!


A few of you were asking about a GENDER POLL.
Check the upper right corner of my blog and cast your vote for a cowgirl or cowboy. I'm hoping to find out March 14th!!! (seems forever and a day away)

Comments

MUST you post a picture when I'm so hungry I could eat it off the screen. That looks delicious!

Going to cast my prediction now!
Shannon said…
Girl you always have the best photos of your food! Yum! And since there's blueberries and bananas in this, it's fruit and not a dessert, right?! Ha!
melifaif said…
Oh hello! This looks heavenly.
Jennifer said…
I made this and am totally in love with it. I am bringing it to the office next week just so everyone here can taste it. Yummy!

Popular Posts