Conversations Between a Husband and the Wife

I am tired lately....and it only has a little to do with being pregnant and having Reid wake up still once a night.

But I mainly blame the hubs.

His snoring is getting really bad lately.

I'm usually in bed before him....(I can't keep my eyes open past 9 sometimes)

He wanders in after midnight.....I'm asleep....but yet I hear him come in .....

Which isn't the problem either.

It's he falls asleep before I can....

And then the fun begins. I'm usually up listening to his construction site. That's what it sounds like....jack hammers....or drills....or ur dentist suction thingy.....but magnified like you are in an action scene in a movie at the theatre. Where the surround sound is coming at you from all sides.

And I sit....and I stare and I will him to quit.

I shove him....I shake him....(I might even think ugly things in my head)....I roll him....I even try and wake him.

NOTHING ....USELESS.

So there I sit for close to 3 hrs in tears every night dying for sleep.....

Only to have Reid wake up and off I go to soothe him back down....to return to the construction site.

Usually after 5ish his snoring gets quieter. Well that's fine and dandy, but I have to get up by 6:50 for the older kids...

I'm dragging my feet....each morning and hit a brick wall by noon.

So what does any wife do?

Talks to hubs about the snoring...

Me: "I can't take it anymore"

Him: "Not my problem I'm asleep"

Me: "Exactly.....YOU ARE ASLEEP"

Him: "You should try it....close your eyes and sleep"

Me: "I do....but you are so loud you wake up 5 counties"

Him: "I don't see your problem...b/c if you were asleep you wouldn't hear me"

Me: "How can I get to sleep with the fog horn blaring to guide ships in"

Him: "again .....I'm sleeping just fine....you need to just go to sleep b/c if you were sleeping you wouldn't hear me"

Why does he always think it's that simple?

On a different note....Lily was calling for her llama last night. I could hear her walking around the house calling for llama. She came to ask me if I had seen her llama ....that he was missing....hmmm?

She found her llama....Reid. Haha I love watching them play together!

Happy Friday....Here's to quiet weekend of sleep...(fingers crossed)

Comments

Angie said…
Bless your heart. This stinks for you. I hate it when Gary snores. Lucky for me he only snores when he has a cold/allergy attack.

I can't function on zero sleep. I don't know how you do it. Hopefully you guys find a remedy soon.

have a restful weekend friend!
LeAnna said…
You poor thing! My FIL and all my BIL's snore like there is NO tomorrow. I pray nightly that B won't follow their footsteps. I can't take it. I can't fall asleep if there is any noise at all, dogs barking, tv on, that annoying cricket in the summer time. I've been known to get up and go find whatever is making the minute noise. SO, I feel for you! Maybe you can relocate on the couch and hubby will realize you're not kidding. ;)
Anonymous said…
I have the same exact problem you do--minus the waking up to take of kids thing.
My lovebug snores so darn loud that the neighbors can hear him.
I have shoved him, pushed him, pinched him, rolled him off the bed.... NOTHING works.
Then he wonders why i sleep in a different bedroom sometimes...
Dianna said…
Poor thing! Maybe he needs to go to a sleep clinic. It is obvious that you can take meds or use ear plugs because you need to here Reid. I hope you come up wit a solution!
OH man. That's tough. I hope you come up with a solution soon!
http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/
Joanne said…
Been there, done that... made Fred go to s sleep clinic and now he uses a CPAP machine. I threatened to smother him in his sleep if he didn't fix it.

It is sooooooooooo much better now. Seriously... CPAP. Do it.
jen said…
I agree--time to investigate a CPAP. It may save your sanity.
likeschocolate said…
Sorry you can't sleep! You might try sleeping in a different bed, so that at least you can have a few good nights of sleep.
mountain mama said…
i believe i'd have to make my way to the couch for a night to get caught up on precious zzz's.
Stef said…
Ugh! That stinks. Here's what I think you should do. Next time you should record him. And just as he is almost asleep, turn the recoring on real loud. If he complains, then tell him to just sleep, that you don't undrstand the problem. See, that's what kind of wife I am...only if I did that it would be pointless. Deaf Hubs.
But good luck, my friend.

Popular Posts