Real Men (babies) Wear Pink

MY BABY IS 2 WEEKS TODAY...Wow I can believe it b/c I feel like I haven't slept in years. haha
So far Reid is a terrific baby...He takes naps in the living room where all the chaos is and does quite well! He has been a champ nurser since the minute he popped out of me...I've been very blessed so far.
We were really taken care of in the food department after Reid too....A great group of ladies had meals every day for a week....dessert too! We ate like Kings and Queens! What would we do w/o the support of friends after giving birth.

Lily is adjusting better than we thought....there are times I'm ready to pull my hair out ....don't get me wrong...she is sooo active and all I want to do is rest any chance I can, but honestly she loves and adores Reid.

I had forgotten what it was like to have a toddler and newborn around....I wish I had taken notes all those years ago...I'd like to know how I did it! :o)

This photo is how I have managed my showers the past couple of days now that my mom has left.
She came to visit for 2 weeks and is back home now (I think recovering) ....she swears she is coming again next week to help out again! I can't thank her enough for all she did the past 2 weeks! She spoiled me rotten by doing all my chores....she even made my coffee every morning! Thanks mom!

Yes Reid sits and spits on a lot of pink stuff...But he wears all boy things....haha! Pointless to buy all new bouncy chairs and burp cloths when the ones I have are just fine

In the words of Little Bear..."TODAY IS A VERY GOOD DAY"


Comments

Neely said…
I see so much Lilly in his face!
Cute, cute!! :) Don't forget about your other kids! You never talk about them!! LOL
Lori said…
Keep up the good work mama. I don't know how you do it-- I could barely survive with ONE. You are doing an amazing job :)
Jumping Jack said…
I love that picture of Lil and Reid in the bathroom! I vaguely remember taking showers w/ Jack in his bouncy chair in the bathroom. It seems like so long ago! What do the older kids think about little Reid?
jen said…
That is precious. Babies tame even raving kids. Hyrum was the same with Evie, still is.
Gina Kleinworth said…
What a cutie- it won't be long now, you will be looking back at this post & smiling :)
Ashley said…
Awww, they are both so precious! And I love Little Bear. :)
mountain mama said…
glad it's going so well! yay for a good mama to help out! :)

and i don't think reid minds the girl toys one bit!
Anonymous said…
I have all little boy stuff, but don't plan on buying anything. Except for clothes of course!
carissa said…
You deserve your mama's spoiling!!! Reid is doing so well. And Lily sounds like a sweet big sis already! I'm amazed that you can keep your eyes open long enough to write a post-ha! Reid will survive the pink... Sage has survived blue for 8 mos so far! So he'll be ok for at least that long. ; ) Oh and Reid is such a handsome little man.
Shannon said…
Aren't Mommas just the best!? I don't know what I would've done if mom hadn't come and stayed with us just after GG's birth! Talk about a life saver!

I am loving all your text messages with Reid pics and updates. Keep 'em coming! What a sweet pic with L and R...and love the saying about pink.

When I was teaching at a public school back in Florida one of my third graders had a shirt that said Tough Guys wear PINK! So funny!

Hugs to you dear friend!
Dana said…
Your kids are adorable!!! I will be looking for tips on how your daughter adjusts to having a little brother around and how you can manage handling them both. My son will be 4 in June right when I am due with twins....and he is so completely active that I can hardly keep up with him now.
Stef said…
Moms are the best. I love it. I hope that my daughter and daughter-in-laws let me come help out.

I think you are amazing. Seriously! Taking pictures. Blogging. Showering. Look at you!!

I love LOVE that cute smiling picture of Reid. Priceless!
Unknown said…
He's a little chunk alright! Very adorable pictures :)
Angie said…
Awww...they are so cute sitting there hanging out! And yes, friends bringing food was amazing when I had Hayden! I couldn't have done it w/out them :)

Popular Posts