Only Me....

Today I ventured out w/the 2 of the 5 kids. I don't know why I am sooo nervous...it's not like I haven't done this before. OH YEAH RIGHT....LILY ISN'T LIKE THE OTHER KIDS...she's active and has a mind of her own. When I ask her to stand by mommy I think she hears the words..."GO and RUN FREE LITTLE ONE. THE WORLD IS YOUR PLAYGROUND" ....

Today Reid has his 2 week check up with the midwife....he weighed a whopping 11lbs 1 oz. HAHA IS MY MILK GOOD OR WHAT?

Soooo the ride there was fine...Reid only cried for a minute and the car lulled him to nappy time. He usually gets the booby for about hour in the morning and I cut it short so as not to be late for a 9am appt. (note to self...next time make it 9:30). So I'm guessing that is why he put up a fight for a second. Lily did great...she didn't even bother or care to notice Dude Friend next to her.....Stuck her Olivia dvd in and gave her a Blueberry Waffle to eat...and viola!

When I got to the midwife I didn't see her car and I was 10 mins early so I sat in the car waiting....dude friend got fussy so I got out and went to sit in the back w/the kids. After 10 mins I realize the midwife IS there and so I proceed to get out of the car.....ONLY THE DOOR WON'T OPEN.....I check the lock still nothing....I panic...no idea why since there is a trunk and 3 other car doors...problem is too much stuff is blocking the way to the front seat and it takes me forever to climb over...understand this idea comes to me after mins of yanking on the handle of the door telling it to open! I'm sweating by this point. I'm praying no one is watching me as I fall on my face climbing over the headrest and trying to not knock the infant carrier into the front seat.....

Come to find out? The child safety lock was flipped on the door hence it not opening......(blushes)

I really need to settle. I can handle this 'in public' thing w/more than 1 child....I need to act like I know what I'm doing!

Appt went terrific! Dude Friend is rocking right along! He is a terrific baby and I'm soooo blessed he's laid back! Keep up the good work son! Your mother really isn't a freak like the character you see on a daily basis!

Comments

LeAnna said…
Haha, you crack me up. You might have been there before, but a whole lotta years have passed, cut yourself some slack friend! I was a glassy eyed mess the first time I took both kids out. Seriously, I don't think my brain was all there at ALL. ;)
mountain mama said…
you'll be back in the swing of things in NO time!!

{i can totally see myself doing the same kid car lock sweat thing!} :)
melifaif said…
Hehehehe...I see you have NOT lost your sense of humor. I love it...and dude friend cracks me up. You can do this momma...
Sam said…
Hehee, Dude Friend. Love it. And so glad to hear he's doing well!

Also, the child lock thing cracked me up! Totally something I would do... hehe!
Dana said…
Love the dude friend name! Glad to hear he is doing well!!

Too funny on the child lock!!
Caroline said…
Yay for R doing so well. And I'm pleased to hear L was on good behavior. I don't know how you do it.
Anonymous said…
I keep wondering how I'm gonna manage two kids at once in public.. Especially since Q is alot like you described Lilly. He won't hold my hand, and when I turn loose he leaves the country and won't come back, much less look back! It's so frustrating! I was trying to get the pickup unlocked the other day, and turned loose for one minute, and off he goes. I have no idea how to break him of that, but I wish I could make him learn to come and to stand still. Just like a puppy! Ha!
Neely said…
I really enjoy the show Olivia as well
Tiffany said…
Hehe! It's perfectly okay - you're mommy to a bunch and two of them are tiny. I think any mommy would understand. :)

Glad to hear your sweet little guy is doing so well!
Jumping Jack said…
You're making me laugh out loud at the thought of you climbing over the seat! I cannot even imagine!

Glad yall got out fine and that Little (big) Dude is rockin' right along!

You'll have both of those babies out and about with no trouble at all in no time!!
Annie said…
Ohhh Laura!! You are so funny :)....glad to hear that your first outing with the babies was eventful!!
too funny that Baby Reid is "dude friend" and that story cracked me up!! Hope you have a FAB weekend!!
Kelly said…
aww haha! I love that she and now you call Reid Dude Friend!
Shannon said…
Yup, you've got to have a good sense of humor with 5 kids, right sweet lady?!

Love all your nicknames for everything! Glad R is healthy and so easy going...all mommas should be so lucky!

Hugs!
Stef said…
Dang safety measures! That was probably some pure entertainment for Dude Friend and Lily. You are truly a giver.
11 pounds. Holy moly! I bet your arms are getting really strong!
So exciting to hear he is doing well -- YAY!!

Popular Posts