Miscellany Monday.....


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Woohoo...I've been dying to participate in Carissa's Miscellany Monday.......she's a totally sweetie so head her way now tell her hi!

1. This whole post is being typed via 1 hand thanks to a sleeping Dude Friend. I could put him down, but it's not everyday you get to cuddle w/a newborn under your chin. So I'll be thankful for my sweet DF who's a joy have in our life! I stare at him every second soaking in his beauty!!

2. Yes, you really can shower in under 5 mins (on non hair wash day)

3. Speaking of non hair washing day.....my mom bought me this

she's coming again today for the whole week......I'm so excited! I'll let you know how the product works ....ohhh the small things in life to make you happy!

4. I own 5 black nursing tanks and 3 black pairs of capris...so yes it looks like i'm wearing the same thing everyday, but really I'm not...so get over it!

5. My 14 yr old son made the lunches last week for me and took out the trash on monday night (for tues pick up) w/o even being asked. I know it doesn't seem like a huge thing...but he made the lunches for the week just like I do....for not only himself but Mini Me and Hedgie too! Made me cry....I guess I am doing something right on the motherhood train

6. Mini Me went to a Sock Hop at her school this weekend....I wish I could have gone w/her...

7. I haven't been outside the house in the past 3 weeks ...other than to check the mail...let the dog out to wee wee and drive to the midwife....and no I'm not going through withdrawals. I like to keep Dude Friend secluded for months.....Germs scare me! Besides...not wearing make up has been fun! Maybe I'm living in a lack of sleep state, but I rather like my face like this!

8. I really do like blog 'stalking'...I mean how else do you find some really fun and amazing ppl. How many times have I said..."She could soooo be my best friend" :o)

Comments

Neely said…
1. Kate looked adorable 2. your eldest sounds like a great kid and you are a great mommy! and 3. Seriously if you want some company let me know! I have class Mon, Tues and Thurs but other than that Im usually free and always up to hold a baby
Jumping Jack said…
You're too funny! I love to stay at home in comfy clothes and no make-up - that's how I look every weekend and if I didn't have to work, I might look like that everyday! HA!

I don't blame you for not putting Dude Friend down - they grow way too fast! I miss the newborn days - no sleep and all!

Mini Me looks adorable in her sock hop outfit!

You are doing a lot of things right - but your oldest sounds like quite the little man! Good Job, Momma!
Mrs. Mama said…
LOVE the story of your son making the lunches... omg my heart melted. You definitely are doing something right in the motherhood area! :)
Bri said…
What a sweet post - your little guy is adorable and your older babies are amazing! =)
Kelly said…
I used to love sock hops when I was her age!! SO cute! & that was so nice of him to make all the lunches! What a sweet child!
#8..... oh how true that is!!!!
#3.... I am really excited to see how that works!!!!!
#1.... You are so talented for typing with one hand!!!! ( i would completely wait for 2 hands... hhaha)
Anonymous said…
Yay for blog stalking! ;) DF is so precious! And your girl looks adorable in her sock hop outfit.
Anonymous said…
He is so handsome and her outfit is adorable!
Annie said…
Its amazing what you can do one-handed while holding a new baby, huh?!?! He is getting cuter and cuter every single day!!
Mini-me looks presh in her little poodle skirt!! How fun :)
Lily Dawn said…
I Love Carissa's MMs too!

I have been wanting to try that dry shampoo- I have been seeing it everywhere... BTW, Your babes are adorable =)

Lily
Shannon said…
I did the same thing with Gillian Grace, kept her in the house for several months before venturing out, same reasons as you! I know you must have serious cabin fever, especially with the weather getting nicer and nicer!

Still love that you call him Dude Friend...that's a hoot!

Hugs to you! (Oh and I've gotta try that Tresemme stuff, I've been wondering about it!)

XOXO
Kate looks great!!!

And isn't G the best big brother ever! He's a sweet boy!

You ARE doing something right :)
nomo wino daph said…
OMGAWD! How did I miss the birth? What is wrong with me?? I have to check my google reader cause I am outta the flippin loop!!! LAWDY MERCY

What a doll baby....precious....congrats!

I just bought from dry shampoo from Sephora. I love the way it smells:) No review other than that yet:)
Stef said…
Can I just come to your house and hold him for a few hours? You could sleep, I could get my baby fix and all would be right in the universe.
Although, I am impressed with your son. Okay, when I go there, he could come here. Make lunch. Do the laundry. Mop the floors.
What? There are laws against child labor. Drat!!
Keep up the good work, my friend.
New Mommy!!! said…
He is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't put him down either!

Good for you, stay in the house, don't worry about make-up, and yes, it's ok to wear the same thing for three weeks if all you;re doing is nursing and taking care of a newborn. Less laundry too!

Love the sock hop. I had a poodle skirt like that when I was younger. Loaned it to a girlfriend and never saw it again. Too bad, Nik would have loved it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new blog! XOXO
KM said…
Thanks for visiting today! What an adorable blog you have - and children! Oh I remember those "foggy newborn" days well. Sometimes I couldn't remember the last time I brushed my teeth - icky, I know, but you get confused from exhaustion!
:) Kerri
carissa said…
you're so sweet. thanks for the shout out. ; )

i could've written this post... i type with one hand all the time - while i'm pumping! ha!

i lived in those nursing tanks and capris. and life is way easier without makeup. and i just know you look just as pretty without it.
Lori said…
Oh my gosh your little girl is ADORABLE! I wish we had dances like that when I was in school. :(

Baby Reid is precious. I'm glad you are enjoying these days instead of being sleep deprived and miserable (like I was)

So nice to see you have time to blog! I don't know how you do it mama!
Angie said…
Please to share about the dry shampoo. I have been thinking of buying some, but just haven't done it yet!
Unknown said…
People who dont have children think I am crazy when I say I sometimes shower in less then 5 mins. Yes it can happen.

Also, that treseme no wash shampoo is great. I need all the time I can get in the mornings.

I am so glad I came across your blog, its so cute.

You have a new follower :)
Let us know how that dry shampoo works!! I've been wondering about that!

I bet that sockhop was so much fun! I dressed up once as a 50's girl with the poodle skirt that my mom handmade for me! Still have it!

Popular Posts