6 Days Later.....I Will Survive

Here's my photo from yesterday....yes I eat him up on a minute by minute basis!

Whew Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Can you say man oh man am I tired? I have no clue how I did this a few years ago...but I'm assuming it was way easier just having Lily as a newborn and 3 big kids who were self sufficient too.

Now with Lily in the 2's and usually stuck to my hip and wanting to hold the baby 24/7.... just isn't always that easy. (more on a lily blog w/her new brother later...anyone able to convert a MP4 video to a MP3?)

The past 5 days were really hard....Reid doesn't like to be put down to sleep at night....so I was sitting in a reclined position on the couch for 2 days...and that sucked. Finally on day 3 and 4 I made a pallet on the floor in his room....and miserable...but he would sleep in the crib for about 15-20 mins and up again. At times it was taking me 3 hrs to just be able to put him down. Lack of sleep for a momma can sure do wonders for your mood the next day. NOT

Yes I had a meltdown crying spell yesterday....lack of sleep does that to a girl!

Finally yesterday he was sleeping on the couch during the day perfectly. Around 11pm I put him on the couch again and I slept next to him....he slept 3 hrs OMG OMG YES YES....I went to his room to change him and nursed him for about 40 mins and out he went and let me put him down again....2 HRS LATER....yep I got 5 hrs now....He woke and went back down again. I turned the monitor on and climbed into bed w/hubs and lily until I heard the big kids get up for school. I feel like a new woman!

Let's pray Reid keeps this up at night! I sure loved the 3 hr and 2 hr nap! haha

Reid really a sweet boy....his cord stump popped off yesterday...makes diaper changes easier..

I've been pee'd on a million times....nothing sweeter huh? :O)

He hates and I mean hates having his clothes taken off or diaper changed. He literally sounds like we are beating him. The minute his clothes start getting put back on he settles and looks around like nothing happened! Little stinker!

Thanks for all the well wishes....I need to sit a spell and catch up on your blogs....

Reid and I have a midwife check to see his progress and double check momma is doing great! We are ....healing was a breeze....aaaawww the joys of midwives and birthing centers! Yes, I am proof you can have a 10 lb baby and not tear! (TMI....................sorry)


Comments

LeAnna said…
So glad you are doing great! Baby looks like a sweet punkin'! It's amazing how hard it is to have a newborn and a 2 yo. Ha! And how quickly we forget, lol!
Shannon said…
Sorry about the lack of sleep, that's rough! I'm laughing at the "getting pee'd on..." I didn't have a boy but yet was pee'd on more times than I could count!

Hugs to you! (Did my package arrive yet?)
Carey said…
I'm with you on chasing a toddler and having a newborn! So tough! Thankfully my man was around alot and able to help those first few weeks! Hope he keeps up the sleeping! Isn't it amazing how three hours of sleep can make you feel like a new woman! Carlisle is sleeping great at night now and I'm SOOOOOO thankful!
Reid's just getting more adorable! Good Luck Friend!
YAY for sleep!! I am right there with you. 3 hours is HEAVEN!!!! Troy is the same way with being changed and diaper changes, it's like we're beating him, it's ridiculous!
Tiffany said…
Totally not TMI, we're all girls here. :) Glad that he is finally sleeping on his own! We had the same problem with Ava, so we put her in her swing to sleep for the first week or so. It was papasan-style and we locked it into place. She slept great because she was cozy and secure. He is such a cutie!!
Jumping Jack said…
Glad you finally got a little sleep! I don't know how you do it - I'd be a WRECK! You ROCK!
Lori said…
I hope baby Reid starts cooperating in the sleep department. . . and starts getting used to changing his diaper! Sounds like this little man knows what he wants already-- he'll grow up to be strong minded and determined :)
Mama K said…
You didn't tear with a HUGE baby?! How?! I would love to know...it's not TMI in my opinion :)

He is beautiful and glad you got some sleep!
The Regal Pup said…
Awww, I hope you can catch up on your sleep soon. I am impressed that you are able to update your blog!
Angie said…
I'm so glad you got a tad bit of rest! Whew....I remember those days.

I had a 9lb 4 oz baby and didn't have issues...but I did have an epidural. I have what I call 'child bearin' hips :)

I saw your tweet...sounds like your little cutie is doing great and eating well...hugs to y'all!!
Amanda said…
I *think* I found your blog from Kelly's Korner - ?

Congrats on your new baby! He's a cutie, but sounds like a challenge right now...

Your blog is cute.

Big time kudos on going al-naturale with your kids!
Annie said…
The fist few days are the hardest...trying to figure out a routine! I hope that things get easier from here on out!! He is SOOOO cute!!
mountain mama said…
oh...the sleep deprivation is TERRIBLE!!! but, it will pass SOON!!!!

hang in there little mama!

he is adorable~
I'm so sorry about the lack of sleep and crying spell you had! I sure hope Baby Reid stays on this 5hour sleep at night!! Baby Reid is still such a cutie!!
Kelly said…
I can't imagine how overwhelming it all must be but I'm confident you're such a great momma!
He is so STINKIN' CUTE!!!!
carissa said…
i know your pain... sage was a newborn and hunter was 16 mos... and he had just learned to walk a few weeks before. it was craziness. but i made it. and you have much more experience than me! you can do it. God will give you the strength when you feel like you have zero. praying for you to find some rest.
Anonymous said…
I am not looking forward to sleep deprivation!!! That was so hard... and now I'll have a two year old on top of a newborn. Ohwell, I'll survive. I did the first time!
Unknown said…
Reid is adorable, so chunky! I hope you're able to get some rest! Newborns are a lot of work, but they're fun too :)

Popular Posts