Lily Meeting Reid Video

Ok...whew...

Here is a clip when we came home from the midwife the day Reid was born. He was just a few hours old in this clip.

We really didn't know how Lily would react to Reid. I talked to her the whole pregnancy about what was in my tummy...but she would ignore me. When she would see me hold other babies she got really upset. I was a nervous wreck thinking she would dog pile the baby or chunk stuff at him. Boy was I wrong.....


She still is really protective of him...doesn't like others to hold him.

The other day a friend brought dinner over and she brought her 6m old...who was in a baby carrier...When she went to leave...she took her baby (in carrier) to the door...Lily started screaming and grabbing her carrier screaming..."MY BABY MY BABY GIVE IT BACK" She was determined that Hannah wasn't leaving with our baby! haha

Every time he cries she says..."Don't cry bebe momma here ...momma here"

She has to hold him every chance she can....she is soooo gentle....she will kiss his head and say

"Ohhh sweet boy....good boy.....you're soooo cute"

She gags when she sees him spit up! haha

She is still her loud active self....so never fear! I just Praise God she is loving him instead of resenting him ( I think that comes later in life haha)

I think we have a great Big Sister in the making!

I am in the process of weaning her too...I just can't do the both of them anymore....daddy is now putting her to bed at night...and it's working out grand!

Here's the funniest thing yet...SHE REFUSES TO CALL HIM BY HIS NAME. She either calls him DUDE FRIEND....or Little Guy! So his nickname is Dude Friend! Love it!

Comments

Megs said…
Oh, that was so sweet to watch!!! I hope Ry is that good... will be so interesting to see :) Beautiful family, Laura!!!
Carey said…
Oh my goodness! I LOVE how she say "bebe" that was adorable! Miss E made me watch the movie 3 times! She says hi to Lily!
Anonymous said…
To cute!
LeAnna said…
That was just adorable! "Cmon Bebe, clap bebe!" tooooooo cute!
jen said…
That was darling.
And I can't believe you were nursing both of them? Seriously? How would you do it?
I guess that makes it easy the first time you nurse the new baby--your nipples are still tough!
Neely said…
She is so cute with him!
Jumping Jack said…
That's such a sweet video! Lily's a great big sis!
Shannon said…
Awww, this is just the sweetest thing ever! I hope GG would be just like Miss Lily! That's really cute! Glad she's so loving toward Reid!

How are you hanging in there, friend!? Think about you often!
aweee she is too sweet!! that brought tears to my eyes... :)
how Precious! Sounds like a great big sister!
Ashley said…
That video is hilarious! Lily is the cutest!
Angie said…
I laughed out loud! I love that video!!! She freaked out at the end. Too cute girl. I was cracking up at Clap :)
Stef said…
Ahh. Those first few weeks are really stressful for mommy, baby and sibling. Sounds like she loves him and is going to be great. Whew! And I love the Dude Friend. That is too funny!!
How are YOU doing? Those 5th babies are tough. I'm praying for you!
Stacie said…
Love this post, Lily cracked me up!
Anonymous said…
How cute!!!!
That was so sweet, The good Lord was definitely there wasn;t he? She is going to be a wonderful big sis! Hope your doing well! Much Love
Jessica
Mama B said…
OMG, that was the cutest video I've ever seen!! What a good big sister Lily is...awwww. :)

Popular Posts