Who are you and what have you done with Laura?

Whew! Thanks friends for checking up on me....I didn't blog the past week well....b/c my hormones were all over the map and I didn't want to be a Debby Downer!

Things are trying to get back to normal around here. The kids came back Sunday night from their Spring Break trip to the grandparents and we had to tell them the news.
The boys had a few questions....but Mini Me had a TON of questions...

I basically had to think of terms that they would understand easily...Started with simple things...you know how your car needs all the parts working in good order for the car to run...or how flowers need soil, sunlight, and water to grow. Well that's kind of like a growing baby in my tummy. It needs to be healthy and have everything working in order for it to thrive. Sometimes babies don't and they stop living. This is how God takes care of things. It's a sad sad thing to lose your baby, but God's plan is for your baby to be healthy and ours wasn't.

I think they understood....they wanted to know if we would have more...we told them we were going to try....we just needed to pray for a healthy baby!

I got tons of I'm so sorry Mom, and hugs and kisses from the kids!

My sweet angels didn't last long though....the fighting and screaming started 10 mins later.

I didn't feel up to the task to go through their rooms while they were gone...BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART. My oldest child decided to take duct tape in all colors and snip little pieces and stick them to the carpet. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARE YOU SERIOUS? We have that frieze style carpet (you know shag looking) That was like plucking hair from your skin to get that stuff up. I tried really hard not to lose it. Then the kids ran into the bathroom to see who could brush their teeth first and slipped on the rug and ripped the shower curtain off the hook.

My daughter forgot to flush her toilet while she was gone. (no surprise there) can you say nasty after 1 week?!

My 2nd boy child lost all his jeans while away and only had the pair he was wearing and I'm not sure he ever took them off...ewwwwwwwwwwwww again!

Can you say "We're back Mom" !!!!

So I was flooded w/cleaning and washing that night. I blame myself! I slacked on my mother duties when I had a week to get things sparkle clean.

My hormones are coming back to normal .....I no longer break out in tears during the day. I'm now in the ..."was it all a dream" phase!

Hubs has been terrific! My knight in shining armor. I couldn't have asked for a better man in my life!

Keep your eyes peeled for a Lisa Leonard giveaway next week. It's my birthday month next month and I get to give a little something something away to one of you lucky ppl!!!

Comments

Christi Crow said…
Good to see that your feeling better!
Tiffany said…
Welcome back. I missed you. I think you did an excellent job explaining it to the little ones. Hang in there.
Vanessa said…
Welcome back! Glad things are getting back to normal... Well, sort of, since 'normal' apparently equals torn shower curtains, messy potties and lost jeans!!! Still praying for you!
B F said…
I think you did a great job talking to the little ones about what happened! Your husband seems great btw!
Mallory said…
Welcome back and so glad to hear things are getting back to normal. My thoughts are with you and your family!
Welcome back, Laura!! Haha! Those stories about the kids are priceless! Who decides to duct tape their floor?!?! Weird!

Ahh, the love of mommyhood!
Kristen said…
Glad to have you back!
New Mommy!!! said…
Glad things are heading back into normalcy... if duct taped carpet, screaming, and swinging by the shower curtain can be defined as normal??!!

Ha, that is too funny!!

Seriously, though, I'm glad that you are feeling more yourself. I know it will be a day to day thing. But, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

God bless.:)
I'm so glad you're back...I know you definitely needed some time to yourself. Nothing like your kids to get you back into the swing of things! I hope you're doing well...sending hugs!
Beth Priest said…
aww that sounds absolutely crazy! glad you r back! wish I can take away your pain!
Glad to hear your feeling like yourself again! I would freak if I found duct tape on the carpet because we have the same kind!
Kelly Marie said…
I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel better!! Oh man the duct tape sounds like a disaster!
Mrs. Hanson said…
I have so many words I want to say... how amazing you are for still carrying on for you 4 children... how I didn't move off of our couch for 2 weeks... how I couldn't being to describe losing a baby to our neices, and instead just said that it was a lie and we were never having a baby.... oh my heart just goes out to you. Sending lots and lots of love! xoxo
carissa said…
glad you are alive and well. i can't imgine how hard it is to balance all those hormones out while grieving. i admire you. you are one tough mama. ducktape on the carpet?! oh no! hope you have a good week. take care of your sweet self!
Alyssa said…
Ah, that is too much! Funny now, but I'm sure not so much when it was happening! Hope things are going better this week!
I meant to ask you on our walk why G duct taped his carpet???
Carey said…
I must say I kept checking my reader to see if u were back! But a break was definitely needed! Glad u are feeling better and u know I'll be back for some lisa leonard! Go girl!
Unknown said…
Glad to hear things are returning to normal. I have been thinking about you and praying for your healing
Heather said…
I'm glad to hear that you are back and things are back to (somewhat) normalcy!

You are still in my thoughts :).
Annie said…
Oh Laura...glad to hear that things are starting to get back to normal...I've been thinking about you. Hang in there!!

Popular Posts