Well I'm a Big Pregnant Dork

I am soooo anxious and excited. Finally 1 week from today I have my first Midwife appt to check on the "Sweetie Pie #5" !!!
My midwife doesn't see you until 10-12 weeks...makes sense since nothing is really going on...it's only weight and blood work the first few weeks anyways...why not wait and do all of that and also check for heartbeat. SO FINALLY NEXT FRIDAY IS THE DAY. I felt like this day would never come!!

I can't wait to hear his/her little pitter patter! I am bring my flip camera to record it, ha ha so yes be prepared to be bored to tears w/a baby's heartbeat next week! (besides hubby has work and he's missing the appt so I wanted to record it for him)

All this excitement about the heartbeat got me thinking to when I was pregnant w/Lils....

Read the post below from April 2008

Have a great weekend....Tomorrow is BFF girl's shopping and lunch w/my BFF Taylor at Undomestic Momma who btw just announced she was pregnant too...we're 3 weeks apart! Yippee! I loving having my friend preggers w/me this summer! Oh the joys of friendship and pregnancy!!! I'm glad she finally told...I hate keeping secrets! :o)

_______________________________________________________________
April 26th 2008

Well I'm just a Big Pregnant Dork



So the other day my neighbor brought the baby doppler over (she has 3 times now) for me to hear the baby's heartbeat ...I ran inside...grabbed the kids and went in search of that precious baby thumping. I got my cell phone and recorded the sound for everyone to hear. I sent out txt message after txt message w/pride. I THOUGHT I WAS HEARING MY BABY'S HEARTBEAT AND I RECORDED IT..

well it wasn't

I was listening to my aortic nerve (sorry don't remember if that is the correct term) the nerve that runs from your heart...down you around ur uterus and down your legs....What is up with that? Well I couldn't find it, but the midwife found it in 2 secs flat...That was the horse hooves sound I was looking for. I'm bummed that all that time I thought that was my baby.....now I just realized I'm a big fat dork!!!

Oh well ...it sure was nice to hear it that beautiful sound though! My u/s is going to be set for May 12th so stayed tuned and place your bets now! ..I can't wait to see him/her.


Comments

Tiffany said…
OMG! I still can't see! I am SO jealous!
Annie said…
How awesome for you 2 to be preggers at the same time. It's perfect :)
LeAnna said…
I'm using a midwife this time, and was beginning to wonder if it was normal for them to not see you until 9 or 10 weeks! My first appointment isn't for another 3.5 weeks. and I'm going cuh-ray-zee! I don't know why, because I didn't go to my OB until I was 14 weeks with my first. I just can't wait to hear that heartbeat!!! Soooo exciting!
Anonymous said…
Lol!
That post confused me going back to your old one haha I stared at it for like 5 minutes like huh?! Wohoo for our bestie date tomorrow! I cant wait and hello no victoria secret did you see my message on facebook?!
Sam said…
Hehee, that's too funny! And that's so great that you get to be pregnant together! I always hoped that when I finally get pregnant, one of my friends will be too!

Have a great weekend!

Oh, and, can't help but notice you reached 200 followers -- congratulations, that's awesome!
That is so exciting! Good luck at your appointment! I love reading about yours and Taylors close friendship. It's wonderful and I hope when I have a baby, one of my close friends can share the same experience with me!

Have fun on your BFF date! Take some pictures!

-Aly
carissa said…
you are so funny! can't wait to hear about your appt! i can't believe you are on baby #5. i admire you. : ) happy weekend!
Unknown said…
I loved hearing my babies' heartbeats & you are going to have such fun being pg with your bestie.
Tiffany said…
I can see!!! Oh thank your sweet friend for me...I've been craving some CBBB lately!
Amy Prikazsky said…
love this! can't wait to hear how the appointment goes!
Natalie said…
My best friend Tennyson and I are preggers at the same time too! So fun!!
Diana Stone said…
Congrats on #5! Oh, and I voted. ;)As promised.
Beth Priest said…
That is so funny! I love hearing the heartbeat! Isn't it amazing!
sanjeet said…
How awesome for you 2 to be preggers at the same time. It's perfect :)

Work From Home

Popular Posts