Menu Mondays

(update)My button isn't working...sorry..so just copy and paste the picture!

Hey friends...Let's see how Menu Mondays turns out! Grab a button and come on! When you are finished...just link up with the MckLinky...(add a title...I like to use Laura @ Cowboy Boots and then enter your blog post w/your Menu Monday on it! That simple....

My Menu for today is a yummy Chili Recipe! My husband is a huge chili fan, but no matter how many recipes I used he hated them all ....until


Playoff Chili
(southern living march 2008)

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 pound ground pork
  • 1 large white onion, chopped
  • 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
  • 1 (12-oz.) bottle beer
  • 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 (16-oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (16-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 14 (1 1/4-oz.) bags corn chips
  • Garnishes: chopped onion, shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream

Preparation

1. Cook ground beef and next 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium heat 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in diced tomatoes with green chiles and next 9 ingredients, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour and 45 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes. Add kidney beans and black beans; cover and cook 15 minutes.

2. Cut corn chip bags open at one long side. Spoon 1/2 cup chili on chips in each bag. Garnish, if desired.

Note: Chili may be frozen in a zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 3 months. For testing purposes only, we used Fritos Brand Original Corn Chips.

The past 3 times I have made this he has gone on and on about it. The funny thing is each time he says, "Hey honey, this recipe rocks...use this one again"

Silly boy....as soon as I heard him proclaim he loved it I threw all other recipes out w/the trash!

My kids love Frito Pie night and this recipe is quick and easy and ohhh soooo good!





Comments

carissa said…
ummm, so this is just perfect. i was planning on making chili tonight so i will try this recipe!!!! not to mention, that pic is the most adorable way to serve chili. love it! thanks!
Tiffany said…
For the life of me, I cannot get your cool new Menu Monday badge to show up in my post! It's driving me BSC!
Kristin said…
Ohhh girlie! If I cooked (which I don't...I'm so domestically challenged!), I'd definitely have to try out this recipe for DGC! It looks soooo cute when served in the little Frito's bags! Love it!
Danielle said…
I am a sucker for Chili. I will have to try this.
katie + bret said…
man I LOVE chili! I just made a big pot of it last week for me (since Bret is too picky to eat it too, lol).

Yours sounds super yummy!
Unknown said…
I always put sugar in my chili, except I use more than just a teaspoon!
Slamdunk said…
That looks fantastic. I have a weakness for chili.
Julie said…
Looks so good...especially with the Fritos...definitely a Southern thing!!
New Mommy!!! said…
Sounds Yummy, and love the serving option, so cute!!

I am going to ask my sis-in-law if I can post the photo off the invite for you all to see, she took the photos for us, and it's too cute!!
Angie said…
Yum! That sounds like chili we would LOVE!
Liz Mays said…
They serve something like that at the football games and my son loves it!!!!!
Sam said…
That sounds so good and my kids would love it!!!!
LeAnna said…
So wanted to do this this week, but I'll have to aim for next week!
hey I found your blog through Taylors, I didn't get to link you this week but I was ended up having last minute guest the night you posted this! I had nothing planned for dinner and decided to make this! It was AMAZING and everyone loved it! Im excited to link up next week!

Popular Posts