Stressed and yet Hopeful..


So I've been gone a few days...ie no postings....

I had my 10 week midwife appt on Friday and didn't get the news I was hoping for.

She was going through all the standard questions...and asked LMP- New Years Eve...was it normal..yes...was I on a regular cycle...kind of...I didn't resume until Lils was 13 months. blah blah more questions...
She reminds me it could be still early to listen to the heartbeat, but we try...nothing...ok we'll try again on that next week.

Next internal exam....hmmmm she says...."Laura, I don't feel a 10 week uterus...in fact it feels normal...we need to do an ultrasound....Are you sure on your dates?" She says she doesn't want to alarm me or stress me out, but something doesn't feel right.

At this point I'm freaking out. I've had zero complications...no cramping no bleeding etc....The labs are all booked at 3 places for an ultrasound, so I have to wait until Monday morning at 9am. We do my blood work and the results will be in on Saturday w/my baby blood work...ie pregnancy test...HCG levels and progesterone levels too. Thankfully my midwife is calling for the results on Saturday and will let me know...

I'm a wreck all day long......I can't think straight...all I want to know is if my baby is ok?? She mentions the term Blighted Ovum and I'm on the internet for hours looking it up.....

Saturday...Birthing Center calls w/hopeful news....pregnancy comes back positive (but from what I read HCG levels can last until 12 weeks) My progesterone is high and that's promising...and my HCG level was over 16,000 which is another good sign...they think that possibly my dates are off and I'm 6-8 weeks and not the 10 I thought. I'll need another blood work done after the U/S on Monday to compare levels.

I'm not sure how I could be off on my dates...I took a pregnancy test 24 days after my LMP and got a positive! BUT I'LL TAKE WHAT I GET RIGHT NOW.

I'm still scared...U/S is tomorrow at 9am and I'm just dying to see in there and make sure everything is ok. Prayers our way would be much appreciated!!!


Comments

Kelly Marie said…
Keeping you in my thoughts & praying for you lady <3
LeAnna said…
Bless your heart, girl...that would be very nerve wracking. I will be praying!
Ms. J said…
Praying for peace for you and a sweet healthy little babe!
Natalie said…
Bless your heart, I would be so anxious too! I will keep you in my prayers for sure sister. I am sure that your dates are just a little off...my cycles ranged from 21-28 days, so I had no idea how far along I was until I had my ultrasound. Praying for you, xoxo!
Beth Priest said…
oh man that is stressful! I'll be praying!
carissa said…
you are certainly in my prayers! that is entirely too stressful and emotoinal. keep us posted. 9am - come quickly!
Stephanie said…
I will pray for you! I know how impossible it can be to wait for something like this. Try to take it easy!
Rachel said…
Praying for you and the family!!
:)
Joanne said…
Praying for you... we're been holding our breath on ours too due to some complications with my thyroid gland. It's so scary to have to wait to see confirmation. Praying for peace and good news!
praying for you and the baby!! Think positive thoughts and keep us posted on Monday's outcome!!!
Laura Beth said…
thinking about you and your baby! i hope all is well and that this one is just bein a little stinker. :)
I'm thinking about you and baby!! Many prayers coming your way, Laura! Xoxo
Danielle said…
Praying for you and babyy. I hope everything goes well with the ultrasound.
Kat said…
Try not to stress too much. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for sure!
Anonymous said…
I'll be thinking about you and a good ultrasound report tomorrow!
Unknown said…
Don't stress & give it to God. You're in my prayers.
Christi Crow said…
Praying for good news!!
Brenda said…
You are in my prayers. I am sorry you are going thru this stressful time. I know all to well about this as I have dealt with a bighted ovum.
Everything will be fine. Hugs
Julie said…
Praying that you will be given a peace which surpasses ALL understanding. The wait can be so difficult.
I am praying for you Laura...please keep us updated. Sending hugs your way and uplifting you in prayer.
Lipstick said…
I'm so sorry that you have to wait. I hope you have very good news very soon.
Candice Pair said…
Im praying for you and the baby!! Keep us posted!
Just Add Walter said…
thinking of you. please update us when you can!
Unknown said…
I am so sorry. Sending lots of prayers and baby dust your way. Take care
Vanessa said…
Praying for you! <3
Sam said…
Praying for you! One of my girls, I was sure I was dead on accurate with her conception date etc. SHe was actually four weeks younger than I thought, which made no sense based on all of my calculations. Crazy!
Praying for you. I hope good news comes soon!
I'll be praying for you I hope you get good news today..
Tiffany said…
Praying for all of you!
Anonymous said…
thinking of and praying for you...

Popular Posts