Breast Milk = Mood Enhancer

There has got to be something in breast milk that makes one happy. Lily can go from the grumpiest of all grump masters and then gets her BooBoo (her word for mommy milk) and BOOM...she's the happiest sweetest angel in the world. She literally gets the prettiest grin and wraps her arms around my neck and says "Hi mommy" and kisses my lips over and over!

I want something that does that for me...you know where you are having a bad day and you walk and get a shot of BooBoo...ok maybe not BooBoo, but something well, not made by me. :o)
Maybe like Dr Pepper. I've tried it with Dr Pepper and it didn't work like it does on Lily. I've tried coffee too, but it still doesn't have the same effect that it does on Lily. She goes from 0-100 in seconds with that stuff!!!

Part of me is ready to wean her, but then the other part of me loves that "Hi Mommy" and choke hold hug! She turned 18 months today and I was thinking that hubs and I should plan a weekend getaway like our Besties....(they've headed to Louisiana this weekend) I'm thinking New Orleans myself!!

Update from Midwife...
My HCG level was 106 today. WOOHOO....that means everything seems fine and my levels should be back to normal here any day! So prayers my cycle starts in the next 4-6 weeks! Thanks for all that were thinking of me today and cheering along with me on this journey!!



Comments

Vanessa said…
My favorite was how sometimes after nursing my girls came up looking positively drunk! The silly little grin on their face was the best! And YAY for your midwife report!
LeAnna said…
I love that milk drunk newborn look, nothing beats it! My son self weaned at around 10 months, and wanted nothing more to do with his milkies. It was a sad day, but what do ya do?
So happy to hear good news about your HCG levels! Praise the Lord!
carissa said…
so glad things are normalling out with your hormones! my baby boy was the same way with breast milk! so presh. you should plan a getaway! i'm sure it is much needed.
Christa said…
Hi! I'm a new follower! I noticed your from Texas...I from Houston and currently a Senior at A&M! Looking forward to following you!
Jordan said…
I think you should do a getaway! I'm sure you could both use it :-)
Wiz said…
Thanks for the comment! Sometimes it is just so hard to do what you are "supposed" to do as far as getting your baby to sleep sometimes! Good luck and I hope maybe you will be getting more sleep sometime soon :)

I am now a new follower! Oh and I am loving your previous post. So funny, and definitely an interesting name for a club.
Christi Crow said…
I'm glad to hear the good news! Praying for things to keep going in that positive direction. And I have to say....Dr. Pepper sure does make me feel better sometimes!!
Kristy Villa said…
I just came across your blog from a comment you left on Mothering in my twenties and I ended up reading quite a few of your recent posts. First, Im sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I had one before I had my daughter and it's a horrible thing. Good luck trying for the next one! I wish you lots of baby dust (: If you ever find what makes you go from 0-100 in seconds, let me in on the secret haha.
Juliana said…
Thinking of you sweetie!!!!!!! I am hoping for the best here. I know we both have been through a lot and I hope that we can both look back on all of this maybe 1 1/2 years from now cuddled up with our larger families!
melifaif said…
hahaha...love the title of this post!

Popular Posts