Only In My House

multitask

World English Dictionary
multitask (ˈmʌltɪˌtɑːsk) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

vb

to work at several different tasks simultaneously


Nuff said right? I mean you should only attempt multiple tasks if you are up for the challenge. I live my life in multi mode. Obviously not today.

Get this....I was only making cookie dough.

That's it....

I was adding all the ingredients for a double batch of sugar cookies. I am so behind in making these for Kate's teachers....it usually takes me a few days and that leaves Friday the last day to get these there...(their Christmas party is tomorrow...eek not gonna happen)

I'm measuring the ingredients and thinking of all the other million things I need to be doing....ie laundry (that's like 10 loads high), dishes need unloading and loading, momma needs a shower, swiffer floors, clean guest bathroom, start frying bacon for dinner tonight (baked potato soup) start dessert for In Law wed dinner, keep eye on 2 little rugrats, empty trash...it's starting to stink....finish gift buying....the list is on going....

Then I notice...how many cups of flour did I add?....was that 4 or 5? Oh man...does that look like 4 cups? Should I add one more....or was it 3. seriously laura how do you mess this up?....

I just go with it and hope it turns out. I'm stressing the whole time I'm rolling the dough...."does it feel right....it feels to mushy...no maybe not....you did fine....no I think you messed up....did you start the dryer?"

You see the dilama? Never think when baking...if your name is Laura.

I baked a batch and tasted one.....they seem fine...I think....I'm only used to eating them with icing. No one will notice right?!

___________________________________

On a different note....

I saw this cartoon and had a giggle....this is so our house...(esp the last few) I try to teach the children to think of others....esp when it comes to toilet paper. I'm usually the one that finds the last photo.
tp

Comments

LeAnna said…
Ahhhh! I do the same thing with the flour!! It drives me bonkers.
Totally LOL'd at the toilet paper thing.
Test said…
Toilet paper rolls over (number one) or it's WRONG WRONG WRONG. lol I blame my mom but I'm a bit OCD about it. (I'll "fix it" if I go to someone's house and it's the other way...)
Anonymous said…
BWHAHA! Im totally stealing this toilet papaer cartoon from you. I'm sooo anal about how the TP gets put on... ROLLED OVER!!!!! HEHE, thanks for sharing!!!
I did the exact same thing when baking brownies for a party last Friday night. I'll take your advice. Don't think. Just bake! :)
Shannon said…
Okay that image with the tp is hilarious! I am so copying that to show Bret and my momma! Hope all is well! XO (P.S. Don't know what happened to my shop logo under your Christmas circle picture near the top on the sidebar, but just log in to your design and delete that space. It's okay by me! :))
And that is exactly why I am a terrible cook. I have NO attention span.

And I love that cartoon!
Fash Boulevard said…
haha. i love this. super happy I found your blog. loving it. definitely following. If u get a sec I'd love if you'd check out mine. It's all about the adventures of a small town girl turned LA local. thanks, love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
jen said…
I've been having the same mind scrambling lately. Hopefully it will disappear after the holidays.
carissa said…
i do that every time i bake or cook anything. problem is that my mistakes don't hide.

glad to know i am faithful, logical and sensible. news to me! ha!
Angie said…
I love the tp cartoon! I am dying. d.y.i.n.g!!!

I myself have always been an over kind of gal.

Popular Posts