Cookie Exchange Party

For as long as I can remember I wanted to host a cookie exchange...

Now I'm not sure I did a great job, but I sure had fun. (Hopefully others did too ha)

I had Charlie Brown's Christmas cd playing in the background (I think I'm the only one that noticed)....and yummy Cinnamon Bear scents burning in the air.....

I had a Wassail bar, hot chocolate bar, and a coffee bar....thanks to Pinterest I stole a few ideas....The peppermint tipped marshmallows were a epic fail....so we just had marshmallows....

IMG_1179

The cookies I made were a complete mess to look at, but they had a nice snap crunch to them and the chocolate cookie itself was divine.

1

Chocolate Peppermint Stars
20 round peppermint candies (crushed) 1 1/4 cup flour (plus more for rolling)
3/4 cup cocoa powder 1 1/2 stick butter; softened
1 cup sugar 1 egg 1/2 tsp vanilla

preheat oven to 325
whisk flour, cocoa and 1/8 tsp salt and set aside
beat butter and sugar with mixer on med speed until combined, about 3 mins.
Beat in egg and vanilla and beat another minute.
Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture until combine. About 2 mins.
Shape dough into disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hrs.
Roll dough 1/8 thickness on lightly floured surface.
Cut out star shapes and transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Refrigerate for 15 mins to firm up.
Cut a smaller star in center of cookies.
Bake 9 mins until slightly firm
Fill center of each cookie with crushed peppermints.
Bake another 5-6 mins until candy has melted
Let cool on baking sheet on wire rack for 10 mins
Transfer cookies to rack
yield 2 dz cookies

I snagged a few (are we even allowed to take our own cookies?) so the kids could sample a few. It was pure torture having them watch me bake them and not getting to sample any.

Anyone ever hosted a cookie exchange party? Any tips or treats for my next one?

Comments

Ashleigh said…
I am participating in my first cookie swap this month! Looks like fun! Maybe I will use these cookies! Thanks for sharing
ashleigh said…
ive never done a cookie swap party;
it sounds so fun!
im not a big fan of peppermint but these look delicious!
mountain mama said…
i've never been to one...i'm sure everyone had a great time!! :D
Stef said…
How fun!! We are doing a Christmas sweet exchange next week. I love your spoons with chocolate on them (I am assuming that is what those are.) Looks like a ton of fun!!
That is so cute! I love the idea and the party looks like it turned out so cute!
carissa said…
your blog got all decorated! CUTE!!! this is adorable. i wish i was there. i love the look of your cookies, as always. i especially like the candy cane jar. you're so good, girl!
laura what are you talking about those cookies look amazing!! magazine worthy!

I'm making boring but yummy recipe for a cookie exchange on tuesday..and I still need to start planning mine which is next week..the invite is out..now the fun details! thanks for sharing yours I love the coffee bar idea!
oh and I think you messaged me a while back about reindeer food tags..I don't have any made up with that saying but if you order the reindeer treat bag tags you could put a cute saying to go along with that! what a fun idea..I had pinned something like that. too cute.
LeAnna said…
I think it all looks super cute! Wish I lived closer, I'd of come. Those cookies look aaaaamazing!
Caroline said…
Um...how fun is this???

Popular Posts