Miscellany Monday....Elvis is in the Building

Head over to Carissa's and link up...
Miscellany Monday @<br />lowercase letters

one. ZA
Yes Pizza....I love it...I could it eat every single day. (that and mexican food) But as of yesterday that was my last day....why? Because my lovely no-low carb/no sweets (but I am going to have a sweet once a month....like a party ..it will be something I look forward to) and no soda. I owe it to my thighs....Momma needs a jump start again. Wish me well please....because of right now...all I can think about is Dr Pepper. (typical huh?)

two. Prayers
Yesterday my neighbor and bestie txt me about her brother's friend. This sweet girl named Lauren was in a plane accident. The plane ride was fine....but it was after that the tragedy happened. While exiting the plane Lauren somehow walked into the propeller. Struck on the left side of her body, Lauren's hand, head, and shoulder area were hit. Following multiple surgeries, Lauren has received facial and shoulder reconstruction, as well as the loss of her hand. They are currently praying for healing on the left eye and brain. She is in stable condition with ongoing surgery. If you have a chance head over to her page and read the miracles that are happening .. LAUREN

three. Puke
Yep puke. Lily woke us up Sat night/Sun morn with it in the bed. Did I mention we co-sleep? Did I mention she must have had something purple (no idea) This went on for about 5 hrs. We used every sheet/towel/blanket we could find. It's really cold out and we were huddled like little bunnies to keep warm. Thankfully she slept at 5am-11am with no more tummy issues. Reid decided this would be the night he would choose to get up and party. He hasn't had a night like that since he was a wee lad. Momma was tired. Then Dude was up by 7am and so was momma....daddy and Lil slept in...(deep sigh) Last night was better, but Lily woke up at 4am and talked my ear off until 6:40...only to be woken up by the big kids for school before 7.. Dude, Lily and daddy are still snoozing...I did mention I was tired right? Point story....? (if there is one) Pray no one else gets it. I'm tired of doing laundry. Not to mention hate seeing my babies in pain like that.

four. Elvis
This is where we found Elvis this morning...Guess we know who his GF is...
IMG_1198

five. Cherries
I'm a sucker for chocolate covered cherries. (or I was until no sweets) At the cookie exchange one momma brought some cookies that I can't stop thinking about. I am making them for the In Laws dinner for Wednesday. Must have will power. These cookies are a take on those cherry cordials. They have condensed milk in it....nuff said! I'll blog the recipe and photos so stand by.

six. Best Behavior
What is it with ppl? This is supposed to be the season of giving and cheer and kindness towards men. Well it seems anything but when out shopping. I'm not talking for toys *which I did have to hit Toys R Us for a return...never again mind you* But I'm talking at the grocery store for groceries. Shesh it was kill or be killed. I best put my "kick me" sign on my back...It might be easier. Thank goodness I'm in a terrific mood. Nothing can knock me down!

Comments

LeAnna said…
Love this random and love you! Sorry I didn't text you back the other day, it was crazy. Will remedy that later today. Dr. Pepper, mmmm....thanks. :)
carissa said…
girl, i really hope you all are well and no one else gets the germs!!! and get as much rest as absolutely possible.

the plane accident sounds so horrible. i am so sorry. i said a prayer for her.

i don't know how you only eat sweets once/month. you have some major will power. you're awesome!
Neely said…
People have been super rude lately!
Caroline said…
Prayers for that sweet girl. Wow. I'm proud of your new diet. I don't think I can do that. And Elvis is a hooch!
Joanne said…
Seeeeriously... what is WITH people? I was at Super Target the other day and they only had 2 cashiers open with people standing 6 deep in each line. As a manager was walking by, this old guy walks up to the lines and loudly complains to the manager. The manager gets on his walkie and asks for someone to open at #10, so old guy goes and stands there. Never mind the rest of us who have been waiting for 10+ minutes (with a 15 month old who is about to EXPIRE).

Jerk.
Anna said…
Girl, I hear you. I wish I was joking when I say that a woman actually hit me {the pregnant lady} with her electric cart...like nailed me in the hip as I was moving out of the way...

I'm scared to go to the store alone but I went yesterday and had no injuries :)

Looking forward to the cookie recipe! Hope no one else gets sick!
So low/no carb is life changing! It worked so well for me. :)

And...naughty, naughty Elvis!

*Hope Lily is feeling better too!
Shannon said…
Sorry L is feeling yucky...As for low/no carb, go you and at the Holidays no less---brave! But I must say I'm confused...why now? XO
No carbs/no sweets? I bet I'd lose weight too....nothing left to eat....

Puke sucks. 'Specially when it's all over bedding. My sympathies.
Stef said…
Holy cow! How do you walk into a propeller. Poor thing. I will pray for her.
You poor tired Mama! Get some sleep or you will be next. Who am I to talk, though. I am such a hypocrite.
Looking forward to that recipe, because my diet doesn't start until Jan 1.
Jamie said…
Those cherry cordial cookies sound amazing.
Dianna said…
I love the pic of Elvis and Barbie! BTW I have table just like yours except mine is an 8 person square! Love it!

Popular Posts