Miscellany Monday...3rd Birthday Sneak Peek

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

one. Football

I don't think words are really necessary are they? It's my favorite past time with hubs. It means the start of my favorite season. It means happiness and goodness for months to come. During football season I love watching hubs with his fantasy football. He's never one to use the phone that much...but during game day he's chatting up with the boys about their teams. I enjoy listening to all the crazy names of the teams in his leagues. The stuff those boys come up with. (covers eyes)Good Times

two. Mommy's Little Helper

IMG_9502

Lily wants to help with Reid any chance she can get. This morning it was to help with his "Ber-ref-is" (love when she says that word) breakfast. Now if only I can get her to change diapers.

IMG_9503

three. Invite Sneak Peek

3 party

Lily's Hungry Caterpillar 3rd Birthday

I say sneak peek, but it's only b/c I only have a few decorations made. I got this idea from PB catalog and ran with it. How cute a theme for her age huh? The invitations are glass jam jars and inside there is a caterpillar with a half eaten leaf. Another leaf has the party info on it. Each jar has an initial on the top specialized for each child. So far I have 4 11" caterpillars made. I've also cut all the circles for the massive caterpillar for the wall. (I adore my Cricut) Each circle is 11" and there are 7 circles. I've still got to make the birthday sign and print all the 'food' cards and small toppers for the cupcakes. I figure I'll be making caterpillar cookies for their goody take home treat. Stay tuned....

IMG_9492

four. Date Night

Oldest child had his 'first' date this weekend. I was a nervous wreck making sure I had prepared him enough about being a gentleman. He assured me I needed to settle that he had it under controlled. He looked so handsome.....I met 'the girl' and her mother and really liked them both. Awwww. At first I was wondering if my 'no one is good enough for my baby' claws would come out...but I really ♥ seeing my boy grow up. He still confides in me so that makes me feel terrific. I'm treading in unknown territory now....deep breath

five. Fall is in almost the air

Well though it maybe not 'technically' be fall I am sure loving September. Football (already mentioned), festivals, pumpkins, candy corn, fall scents, baking galore in my kitchen (as if I'm not already) and outdoor cool weather fun. I ♥ you fall. I'm thinking a pumpkin roll dessert is on the horizon...and maybe a craft or too. Tonight I'm making my yummy Play Off Chili in honor of Monday Night football.



Comments

Anonymous said…
I wish I could be half as crafty as you! I don't have a single creative bone in my body! I love everyting Eric Carle!
I put up my Fall decorations this weekend! I so love this time of year.
Anna said…
I love me some college football and am more and more getting into the NFL...love your crafty bday party work! Can't wait to see all the finished details!!
Jumping Jack said…
Love, Love, Love fall too! Football, pumpkin spices, cooler weather, the smell in the air = AWESOME!

Date night? Oh my! I'm glad I still have a few years before we're there. I'm certainly not ready for that!

Can't wait to see the rest of your party decorations and ideas. That is a really cute theme!
carissa said…
i'm pretty sure mr. carle would be proud of your invitations! they look absolutely adorable. i'm sure you are so thankful to have another pair of hands to help with reid. ; ) wow! good for you for making it through the first date. that's some big stuff!
mountain mama said…
super cute {reed} and the big helper!

totally love the party invites too!
Caroline said…
Love the caterpillar theme. So cute. And R is growing so big. How was the date??
Stef said…
I'm so with you on the season. I love this time of year. My daughter, not so much. With 4 boys and a daddy, football is bound to rule. I like watching it like you. Poor girl. Sigh....
Now for those goodies.....
Jessica said…
We are doing a Hungry Caterpillar theme for my youngests' first birthday at the end of this month. Im super excited. Your invitations are CUTE!
Neely said…
LOOOOVE the invites and seriously a date! OMG I want details hahaha Im a nerd!
Lori said…
Mamas little helper is SO cute. Adorable! And I love the hungry caterpillar birthday party :)

Popular Posts