It's Sinful..

nutella

I've had a few friends...(Ginni that's you I'm talking to) that have never heard of Nutella. Then there are the millions that know of it's creamy sinful goodness. *for those that don't know...run to the peanut butter aisle and shove your head in a jar

I have made a handful of desserts (this one found in my recipe tab...worth the effort...and make a day in advance) and we eat Nutella on just about anything we can find. During the spring I like to smear some on strawberries. Again Sinful. I could really go on and on if you like...

Yesterday while I was supposed to be cleaning, or doing laundry, or getting the chili in the crockpot, but instead I was being forced to look at looking at Pinterest. (evil site) I ran across this recipe for Nutella Cupcakes. I glanced at the clock and had just enough time to bake them and have them ready for when the kids got home.

It was a great moment to watch the kids faces when I told them what their treat was. My oldest nearly dropped to his knees.

Mini Me and I had a bonding moment....she poured the milk and I got the napkins. Then we sat at the table eating our treat while I listened about her day. (that girl can talk more than me and that's saying a lot) She told me that was the greatest part about her Monday...sitting with me visiting.

I ended up making a second batch after the little babes went to bed....I needed extras for their lunches....nothing like another great surprise in your sack.

Self-frosting Nutella Cupcakes

1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup canola or mild vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4-1/2 cup Nutella, at room temperature

Preheat the oven to 325F.

In a medium bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.

In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the butter mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. The batter will be thick. It needs to be in order to swirl in the Nutella!

Divide the batter between 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Drop a spoonful of Nutella on top of each, and swirl through the batter with the tip of a bamboo skewer, knife or other pointy object.

Nutella-cupcakes-unbaked

Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until springy to the touch.

*Note: I only baked mine for 20 mins...and I increased the oil to 1/3 cup. I also added a little batter to the bottom...tiny amount of nutella...swirled it and then more batter and more nutella and swirl....(yep never can have too much) They also said this makes about 12 cupcakes...I baked these twice and only got 9....go figure)


Comments

LeAnna said…
You are such a bad bad influence. For my thighs. Not for me, JUST my thighs. Thanks for sharing! Thanks to your code word "crock pot" I am thinking about how I need to send you crock pot apple butter recipes.
Man, we're good.
Anonymous said…
I love nutella...i'm also super allergic!!!! Mmmm, if only I could!!

Thanks for sharing!!
Caroline said…
I've wondered how these tasted. They look sinfully delicious as you said. Yum!
Dianna said…
Those look delicious! I have heard of nutella but I haven't ever tried it.
Shannon said…
Never had Nutella ever, though I have heard of it! Your recipe looks delish, but of course they always do!
XO
carissa said…
how did you know i was just looking for nutella recipes yesterday?! good timing, my friend!!!
Neely said…
Dont hate me but I dont like Nutella
Amber said…
Oh man, I was gonna make nutella cookies this week, but now THIS! What should I make? Decisions, decisions....
Stacie said…
This post convinced me, I'm trying nutella next time I find some at the store! I've been wavering on whether or not to give it a shot for a while but this just sealed the deal!

Popular Posts