The Bloggy World Becomes Real

The Dallas Blogger Meet up was this weekend...Sadly I was only able to make Saturday Brunch (dude friend in tow). It was sooooo fun to finally meet these ladies in person.

I have to admit I sort of felt like a stalker. I mean here we are reading into the lives of people we've never met.......I feel like already know some of them....then to finally meet them! again stalker! :o)

Thursday this chick.... Aly ....came over for a visit...it was supposed to be lunch, but her plane was delayed. Good thing b/c she was expecting a gourmet meal from the chick that always cooks (me)....I WOULD HAVE ALY, BUT YOU'RE TOO FINICKY! She made it over just in time to meet the hubs and all 5 kids! It felt like an old friend stopping in for a visit!

Saturday I headed downtown (or was it uptown) for brunch! Reid was a perfect angel on the car ride there. (yes I left little demon at home with daddy) I was so excited to meet another bunch of bloggy friends. I got to finally meet Brandy..... who is the one that sews all the cute stuff for my kids.....and Angie....my recipe swapping girl and Y&R txt'r during the week! And yes they were as sweet in person as they seem in their blog! All of them!

I still get tickled at the comments about Dude Friend....they said he looks smaller in person than he does on my blog. They thought he would have a big head....that might just be momma's camera angle...I always zoom in on the precious squishy face.

I also got a giggle from Becky who asked me if this was my first baby. I think instead of saying 5 (which is still a shocker to some) I'll say 8th! I just want to see the reaction!

Brunch felt like a get together with old friends. I wish we could do this all the time!

I forgot my camera so these are the only ones I have to show from the weekend. The girls on their blogs have many more....they went to dinner on Friday and Saturday night. Sounds like trouble.

Me and Neely

Me and Angie

Me and AlyLink

Me and Brandy

and a big "It was great finally meeting you" to Aly, Angie, Ashley, Amber, Elizabeth, Brandy, Kelsey (again), Neely(again), Leah, Niki, Whitney, and Becky!! (who'd I miss?)

On a side note.....

Reid turned 3 months yesterday and I can't believe how far we've come. Ok more like my sanity has come so far...I'm back to normal. (I'm sure my husband would ask what that is!) If you had asked me how I was coping a few days after Reid I would have cried. Now 3 months later I feel like my old self again. I was always busy w/4 kids before and now I'm still busy (big surprise)

He has his first baby check up tomorrow and I'm anxious to see how much he has grown....we don't do the vaccinate thing in this house so visits are always a pleasurable experience!


Link

Comments

LeAnna said…
How fun for you guys! Hopefully we can meet up one of these days and let the kids play!
Shannon said…
So fun! Glad you had such a good time!

XO
Shannon said…
Oh and happy 3 months! How can that be?
XO
Kerbi said…
I'm still so sad that I missed you! We have to get together the next time I'm in Dallas or if you come to Austin or SA! I can't believe Reid is 3 months old! He is such a cutie!
Aw so fun I wish I would have gone! :) Reid looks adorable in the 3 month photo!
Neely said…
Oh hey theres me!!!! Reid is presh and I loved seeing you!
Jen said…
Looks like so much fun!!! :)
Lori said…
Sounds like so much fun! :)
Leah said…
It was so great to meet you! And I did thing you look even more amazing in person for having 5 buckaroos! : )
Lily Dawn said…
How fun! I have yet to meet a blogging buddy in real life- I am afraid I am much more socially awkward in person... hehe =)

Lily
Loved meeting you!!! I have got to come back soon!! :) :) Thanks again for the water and string cheese! Ha!
carissa said…
oh what fun! so glad you got to meet some blog gals! reid is as cute as ever! i love those month stickers.
Stef said…
It's the magic three months before things start to feel normal. So glad you are there.

How totally fun to get to meet some of those good friends that we make on these here blogs. I am so jealous!

You look great, by the way. I am promising to start up WW this week. Gotta get to the store. If you have any super great recipes and tips, send them my way!
Unknown said…
Ok, Reid is seriously adorable!! He's getting so big! And SO fun with the blogger meet-up! I will have to come from Austin for the next one. I would love, love to meet you girls!
Ashley said…
Reid is the cutest! It was so great meeting you!

Popular Posts