My Obsession....(well one of them)


About 8 years ago I was reading an issues of BHG and read an article about this interior designer. They were showcasing her home and where she got some of the great ideas and items in her house. One of the things she had was this massive clock in her entryway. When I say massive I mean massive. The sucker took up the whole wall. It was old and fantastic looking and something that is definitely a conversation piece. Since she was an interior designer she had the ins and outs of buildings being torn down and would search them for items to use. This one building had a clock on the outside tip top of the building...she wanted it. They told her if she could get it down she could have it and that's just what she did. Every time her friends would walk through the door they would shout

WHAT TIME IS IT?

I got a huge kick out of this.....and totally fell in ♥ with her clock. I knew right then and there I had an obsession with finding my "What Time Is It" clock. Thus started my collection and always searching for my own massive ticker!

Through the years I've collected some....and since getting remarried my sweet hubs has added to my obsession for me. I want a wall of clocks in one of our rooms....They are yet to be hung b/c I'm still working on placement. (and begging hubs to take an afternoon to be my slave w/the hammer, wall anchors and patience) I think I have around 11 clocks of all different shapes and sizes for that one wall. Total around the house ...(not including alarm clocks in each room) I have 15 around the house in different locations.

One thing with my obsession? It's a pain to 1. change batteries....2. daylight savings time

Right before my birthday I was STALKING reading a blog and she had this massive clock above her mantle. I had to ask where she got it.....hoping it was recent. SHE WROTE ME BACK WITH THE DETAILS...bless her. So off hubs ran to buy it for my birthday present!!

It may not be the biggest one yet....but it's the biggest clock I have run across to date since reading that article. This one is my biggest yet measuring 4 ft.

Here she is....

and just a few other various ones around the house...

My dear friend Amber still remembers after all these years of me telling this story and to this day when she and her daughter are out and about and see a big clock they yell

what time is it? in honor of me!!! (grins)

If any of you find a clock the size of a building....send them my way! My obsession will thank you.

Comments

Ah ha I love this! I love clocks but my man doesn't.. Our girlfriend has probably like 3 clocks on every wall it's insane and it's the same thing we always say what time is it!?
Lori said…
Aha this is so cute! We don't really have any clocks in our house.. just one in the bedroom. Perhaps I should look for an ENORMOUS one :)
Angie said…
I feel as though I need to get more clocks now. I don't have very many in our house. Hhmmmm. That gives me a reason to hit some garage sales this weekend!!
Kristen said…
I love it! I want a giant clock, but have decided to wait until we find a permanent residence (or at least one we will live in longer than a year) until buying one!
mountain mama said…
i love clocks too but...i don't have 11. i don't even have 1. maybe one day!!
Kerbi said…
I love this! We share a similar obsession! I'm always looking for a new huge clock! Happy weekend!
Dana said…
Love your clocks!! Now I know any time I am out and about I will be scouting out different ones for ya!!
Stef said…
Ha! That is awesome. I made a really cool clock once. A wooden round table top and painted with the paint that cracks (if I was crafty I would remember the name of that paint...I am not). Actually a really cool clock. I thought it was perfect until my nephew pointed out that there were 2 Roman numeral 5's instead of a 5 and a 7. Sigh.
jen said…
Catching up on your blog. I wish I lived in Dallas. I would have loved coming.
And I'll keep my eyes peeled for that clock. But if I see it, I'm sure I'll know!
Teddie said…
HA! I kind of have an obsession with clock too! Only I LOVE clock towers. The oldest building on the campus of my alma mater is a clock tower. I have no idea how many pictures I've taken of it.
The Herd said…
My mil has one...I'll have to try and take a picture for you since I can't actually send her clock---hehe!
Neely said…
I love those! I think clocks are fancy :)
Anna said…
that is awesome!! what a fun and healthy obsession :)
Shannon said…
We love clocks around here too, and it's something that I got from my mom, she must have like a bajillion clocks at their home!

Love the giant ones, especially!

Happy Mother's Day, L!

XO

Popular Posts