Seriously....I'm Not that Crazy...am I?


Dreams are weird little suckers. If they are any indication of how crazy we are then maybe, just maybe, I am crazy. Maybe.

For starters I do not dream in color. Sucks I know....It's always night time and/or over cast so if there was color I can't tell. I've never once thought "ohhh wow everything is void of color" I just dream and it seems normal.

My pregnancy dreams are pretty odd too. I used to write them down and then gave up. I mean I would hate for anyone to stumble across my subconscious thoughts.

Last night I had a dream that we lived in this huge tree house like place....and we shared it with another family. The backyard backed up to a tree lined street...and there were little shops down each side of the street. Each store was an old Victorian home....kind of reminded me of a quaint little historic town you see on tv or read in books. It was almost time for the kids to come home from school, so I went into the backyard to wait for them to walk home.

I noticed our neighbors grizzly bear was missing and went to tell them. (did you catch that?) They said they hadn't fed him in a few days and he was super hungry and must have gotten out in search of food. I freaked out and ran down the street towards the kids school to make sure the bear didn't eat them. That's when I saw the bear coming towards me....I knew I couldn't out run him and so I jumped a picket fence (as if I'd make it over) and hid in some rose bushes. (again...hello thorns) The owners of the house told me that if they could see me so could the bear...So I ran back down the street.....I saw one of my kids (no idea which one) and they were screaming that a bear was eating a bus driver....(ew)

This is when I woke up...HELLO A NEIGHBOR HAS A PET GRIZZLY BEAR? As if that's gonna happen. As for the house...it was really cool though. Now all this was in black and white and I think it was even night time. But it couldn't have been b/c it was taking place in the afternoon.

I'm guessing I was really tired or I'm nervous about what new neighbors we'll be getting next door. The neighbors moved out on Friday...no idea who's moving in (still for sale)! haha Hope they don't have a bear for a pet!


Comments

Jessi said…
Yes the pregnancy hormones cause crazy dreams! I had a crazy dream every night while pregnant. I also noticed that the hormones from nursing caused crazy dreams too. Are you nursing? That could be it!

I think it's crazy you have never dreamed in color. I have never heard of that before!! I've never had a black and white dream ever!
Ashley said…
Hahaha that's a pretty hilarious dream! Very strange that you don't dream in color!
LeAnna said…
Tooo funny! It's kind of weird, 99% of my dreams involve me running from danger of some sort. I run down streets, away from snakes, through the walmarts. Some nights I wake up gasping for air. I don't much care for it. When I'm pregnant my dreams always usually my husband cheating on me. How wrong is that? I woke up sobbing one night and he was beside himself, I told him what I dreamed about and it made him so sad, haha! He was like "Honey, you need to pray so you don't have those dreams!" haha. I don't ever recall if I dream in color, but I don't pay much attention to details when I'm awake, none the less when I'm sleeping. And heck, I don't even remember my dreams these days, probably because I barely get into REM mode before I get woke up. :P
Caroline said…
dreams are the craziest things!
Anna said…
That is hilarious!! Thank you for sharing!
Lori said…
Dreams are funny huh. Sometimes I take too long analyzing them and have to take a deep breath and say IT WAS JUST A DREAM! Let us know if your neighbors have a bear ;)
The Regal Pup said…
Too funny - and, weird that you don't dream in color! Have you ever asked a doctor why? Or, googled it?
Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness! LOL'ing over here!!!
Neely said…
I dont think I dream in color....
Tara said…
I think you lived with US - and the bear was MAGGIE! :)
Dana said…
Haha! Ok I am so glad that I am not the only one who has crazy dreams!!! That is too weird you don't dream in color.

Popular Posts