Miscellany Monday....or My Mumbles



Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

one. dresses make me girly

i don't know about you but dresses make my day. i feel like i could walk on clouds of girliness. i'd be barefoot, pregnant, and wearing dresses all year long if i could. check out this little summer cutie hubs and kids got me for mother's day. i'm wearing it as i type. makes for a perfect nursing dress too...i've got my nursing cami under. think i'll head back to Target for all the colors! summer uniform...here i come!

two. corner time

i've tried over and over to move R man back to the center of the crib, but i'm finally gonna quit. in literally 60 secs he gets his knees under him and he scoots faster than lightening to the corner and sleeps. it worried me the first million times he did it. but i've since realized he must really like it. he slept from 9-6am and 6:30 until 9 when i had to wake him to get him ready for his chiro appt today. corners rule!

three. hairy situation

yesterday for mother's day my 2 oldest boys got a haircut. yes, i had to look outside to see if pigs were flying...nope. so i printed out pics of chance or chase or whatever young boy this is and they headed to the barber. oldest likes the look (basically his old look just shorter) but we are trying to gel it for the wet look all day long. any hair stylist have ideas? oldest has thick hair and when it dries it's full and has body...he wants wet plastered look

four. mothers

my mom is here for the week....(pause for angels singing) i'm sooooo excited. i've missed hanging out w/her. when she comes to visit we laugh until our sides hurt...about absolutely nothing. we kill each other. this morning mini me asked me though why i act like the mom instead of the daughter though....she says i'm bossy. no, someone needs to keep mee mee in line! she's my best friend and i'm so grateful i was blessed to be her daughter!

five. a little parm never hurts

i wanted to make scalloped potatoes instead of mashed for friday nights meatloaf. MAN OH MAN WERE THEY FANTASTIC. they were so incredible we're making them again this week. southern living ...you never cease to amaze me! recipe follows...

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 3 cups whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation
  • 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Layer potatoes in a 13- x 9-inch or 3-qt. baking dish.
  • 2. Stir together cream and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour cream mixture over potatoes.
  • 3. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes, stirring gently every 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand on a wire rack 10 minutes before serving.

Comments

Angie said…
I love love love dresses, and I have that same dress in blue. I love it. I could wear dresses every day especially in the summertime!

I love scalloped potatoes. I love to put the taters in the food processor and slice them super thin and then have Gary throw them on the grill.

Have fun with your momma! She sounds like a hoot! You are lucky to have a fun relationship with your momma. Mine is a work in progress, in progress, in progress...lol!
Unknown said…
Now I want to drive over to Target and get that dress. That is all I wear on weekends in the summer.
LeAnna said…
Love the dress, I'm right there with ya! I have two from target that I love, and they both are great as nursing dresses with a nursing cami underneath. And they're cheap! Woot!

Those potatoes look soooo good. Of course anything with parmesan and 3 cups of cream is bound to be delicious. ;)
Dana said…
Love that dress!!! If our weather would ever cooperate I would be stocking up on every color!!

Those potatoes sound amazing!

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!
SimplySandi said…
Love your site! I love dresses, and I have actually just started wearing them everywhere .. to work, home, running errands, etc. I bought a darling cute black one to wear running around, and I had to go get another one so that people woudldn't think I'd slept in my clothes.
Amber said…
I LOOOVe that dress! target always has the cutest stuff. I definitely vote for you getting one in each color :)

have fun with your mama! :)
Anna said…
I LOVE tarjay dresses! I have been known to buy every color of something from there when I like it...and those spuds look amazing!! My mouth is watering :)
Jumping Jack said…
I've missed you! Work has been NUTS and doesn't look like it's getting better anytime soon. HA!

YAY for your mommy being there! I know she's such a big help.

Jack always slept in the corner, still does - when I can get him to sleep in his bed, that is. Stinker learned to crawl out Mon night, so now we've made it a toddler bed and he's refusing to go to sleep in it. He's slept on the couch the past 2 nights.

LOVE homemade scalloped potatoes, we have them at least once a week. I just use Uncle Chris' seasoning with heavy cream and bake them for about an hour, then top with cheddar. YUM!

Happy "late" Mother's day!
carissa said…
adorable dress! i know it looks fantastic on you. i just love reid's bumper every time i see it. i waited an entire year to give my hunter a blanket. then sage came around and she slept with one right away. i'd be freaking about the corner thing too, though. but hey, if it keeps him sleeping, he MUST love it! enjoy your mom! lily is always a hoot - love what she said about you and your mom's relationship! : )
Stef said…
That is so funny that Reid loves corners. 3 of my boys, if being held by Hubs, would nuzzle their way into his armpit. Weird, huh. Either they liked the warmth or the smell. It always made me laugh.
Those potatoes look so yummy.

Popular Posts