Miscellany Monday .... 2 More Weeks....Holding Steady



one.  38 weeks today

I took oldest and youngest to Walmart with me last night for our weekly groceries.  (both boys)  The checker looked at my belly and asked what # this was and when was I due.  I proceeded to tell her....any day and #6.

You think I wouldn't be surprised by people's reactions....but this girl's takes the cake.   Her response?

"So I guess this one was an accident?"

Ummmmmmmm  what does one even say to that?

So instead I respond with ...."Nope...we like having a big family"

What is wrong with people these days?

But...yes 38 weeks today and feeling fine.  Nothing more...nothing less....

two.  Banana Nut Pancakes

1


In case you missed my blog from Saturday...(I rarely blog on weekends) then you missed the most incredible Pancakes EV-AH!  Go make them now...you'll be so glad you did!

three.  Menu Monday

I've been uninspired lately.  The kids have been begging for their old mom (I'm quite young though) to come back.

So I planned 4 meals ...I figure I'll think about Friday on Friday

Monday:  Bacon Ranch Chicken Sandwiches and Crock Pot Baked Beans

Tuesday:  Mexican Lasagna

Wednesday:  Chicken Fried Steak w/Cream Gravy, Garlic Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes, and Lemon Cake  (In Law Dinner mind you)

Thursday: Laura's Favorite Pasta Sauce

I'm back folks

four.  Dr Reid

dr reid

Little Dude got sick on Friday.  Ran a 101 fever and seemed totally not himself.  I thought maybe his ears were bugging him and gave him garlic oil drops for 2 days.  Saturday low grade fever....Sunday fever free.  Whew....I hate when our babies are hot and sick.  Not only that I was starting to panic a bit thinking NOOOOOOO NOT WHEN A BABY IS DUE.  Maybe he was cutting teeth (although I thought they were all in)  Or maybe it was his ears and the garlic oil for 2 days 3 times a day worked!  Whatever the reason....I'm glad my baby boy is better.  We don't have sick kids often...

five.  Gifts Gifted

I showed up for playgroup last week and the girls had some decorations and gifts in honor of baby C.

At first I was like ...."hey a baby shower....I didn't bring a gift"

Then I was flabbergasted that they did this.....My heart swelled....It's nice to have friends

Here is Miss Thang ready for the playgroup....she thought we were going to a birthday party.....she was close...baby party!

 Day 2 of pony tails!

Lily

six. Nesting

Not really sure I'm nesting....hard to tell.  I'm always cleaning and I'm always standing and I'm always running around like a chicken with her head cut off.  I really need to slow a bit.....but if I do the house will really fall apart.

I did finally wash all new baby sheets....and wash the cushion on the infant carrier...and I FINALLY tackled the kids closet labeling all boxes from 0-3t for C and Reid!  I feel I've accomplished tons.  
 You can officially make your debut little man!

Comments

LeAnna said…
The things people say. Oh my word. You go girl for tackling the kids clothes. I need to go through Q's closet and organize. Not today. Or tomorrow, for that matter. ;)
Anonymous said…
People now days, geeze.
I don't know how you do it though - hold the house down, cook, clean, you name it while pregnant and with five other kids! You are doing a fantastic job :D
Your dinners sound too delicious, I am now incredibly hungry haha!
Vanessa said…
OMG- I woudn't know how to react!

Some people got nerve!

PS- I Found you through your comment on Total Waste of Makeup and am your newest follower!
Kerbi said…
People be crazy! Sorry friend! Have fun on Wednesday! Your weekly menu sounds delish! You {and your fabulous kiddos} need to come to SA and eat pancakes with me! GH doesn't like them. Crazy man!
Lily Dawn said…
2 weeks to go- sooooo exciting! It is absolutely amazing what people feel free to say when you're pregnant. The comments this time around have been crazy!

I'm glad Mr.Reid is feeling better and Lily looks as precious as ever :)
Morgan said…
So exciting!! Time's a-tickin'!! I must say, Lily looks so precious with her hair up.
Casey said…
Lily look adorable! Can I just say I'm ticked off by the walmart response and I pray I never get that checker. I can't believe the nerve of them. How can they say that. Argh

Popular Posts