36 weeks....I'm Ready to Meet the Boy

EEEEKKK

I'm getting so stinkin excited to meet him.  I want to cuddle him...smush him....smell him....kiss him....squeeze him...

I want to have his little head lay on my chest and feel him breathing....
I want him to feel my warmth and hear my voice telling him how much in love I am with him....

I want to hold and kiss all his little fingers and toes...

I want to feel his sweet soft skin on mine...

I'm also nervous!  I mean how do I have 6 kids?  (grins)  Hubs keeping reminding me it's not our first rodeo....all will be well.

No one was around for a photo....so here you go with a bathroom shot.  (lovely eh?)

1

36 weeks....and baby C is doing grand.  Had midwife appt....total weight gain is at a whopping 34 lbs.....awww the good chubby life.  I got my work cut out for me at the end of this.

I have been reading the book "birthing from within"  a bit odd...but it never hurts to learn new stuff....even if it's ur 6th rodeo as hubs says.

I NEVER have a clue about the day I give birth until the day it happens....I just hope its sooner than later....

The little kids have kept me on my toes....which hasn't given me much down time to rest....but then again as if I really could if I had the time huh?!  The weather has been crazy in texas...weird to not be in 100 + temps days straight...in fact we have rain all this week (I pray) and temps high of 91....crazy I tell ya

They like to sit outside early morning before heat sets in and play "Restaurant"  ...me being the Chef (what's new?)

1

And granted it's taking me days and days...I finally got a few things sanded and stained and painted....all these projects I've got sitting around....

First up?  That Pottery Barn ruler....You know the one you see on Pinterest?

Well I had the stain...was lacking a 6' board.  Hubs let me finally get one this weekend......and I got her stained yesterday....now I just need to draw the ruler on her...

2

I was sweating like a pig out there though...the humidity is insane right now.....so I thought I would spray the small table and chairs after the little Dude Friend went to bed at night.

2 cans of spray paint later....they were both defective.  Come on Krylon....what gives....so now I will have to hand paint it....I really wanted quick ...

We have an empty lot across the street with some pipe sticking up from the ground...I used the lot and pipe as my table for spraying the chairs....I'm sure the ppl driving by seeing the fat pregnant chick w/an orange apron....gloves and glasses...armed with a can of spray paint was a sight!

Here's all I got done so far.....stupid can didn't even get whole chair done...and not to mention the wind....

IMG_3642 

Today's goal? Finish chair...and find infant carrier and start washing some of his stuff.....I never go until 40 weeks...but maybe if I prepare he will make an arrival next week.... Wanna place bets on when he comes and how much he weighs?

Comments

Caroline said…
The restaurant thing is too funny. Can't wait to meet C!
LeAnna said…
You? The chef? NEVER! ;) Wonder where they got that from. I can just see you out there with your spray paint. Can't wait to see the ruler when you're finished! I wanna make one, but I'm not sure what wall I'd put it on. Maybe the end of the hall...hmmm. It's RAINING here today, has been off and on for the past 2 hours. It's like a miracle.
Can't wait to see that sweet baby boys face!
Neely said…
You look fab friend! Cant wait to see little bean!
Lori said…
you look amazing! love that you are so crafty, want to come to hawaii and craft for me? i am so undomesticated, it's not even funny. can't wait to 'meet' your little one :)
~Kristin~ said…
Oh my goodness. Stop with all that baby sweet talk! It gives me fever. Baby fever! ;o)
So excited for you!!!
XO
I'd say you are definitely in the "nesting" stage! Can't wait to see the finished ruler project!
Anonymous said…
You look fantastic! I can't believe how much you are doing/getting done, and to top it off you have other kids! I am amazed. I just have the one, and when I was pregnant I didn't get a darn thing done haha.
Hope you are able to finish the chairs!
Amber said…
Seriously Laura, how cute are you?!
I've had that ruler on my list of projects to hack since I saw it in the PB catalog years ago....by the time I get around to it, I'll be marking the grandkids height :)

Popular Posts