Things I'm Learning From Crafting......

Remember my inspiration here....



Well I have been on the hunt!

My Sis In Law...told me about the button at Hobby Lobby.....I ran straight there...(Thanks Jen). I also got the tin L there too...(love that store)


map
(sorry took with my cell phone...flash was on)


My In Laws had an old map ....so I just made the M....

Things I learned about Spray Adhesive? It's totally not my friend...

For starters I guess I didn't have my smarts cap on.

I thought I was being smart....I read the back instructions....(for once)

It said to be able to move it and reposition (which hello....of course I will) to spray it and leave for about 3-5 mins .....if you want a quick set apply immediately.

So I think about going outside to spray, but didn't want the little kids following me....I mean seriously when they hear a door crack they come a'running. So I walked into the hallway and sprayed.....

Big mistake.....

One my fingers and hand were getting hit.....and then I realized the spray was hitting the floor....

So I do what any smart person does and step in it to see if it's sticky!

Reid decides to walk in the mess too....now we are both sticking to the floor....

I run and place the M on my work space and rush to get floor cleaner to stop the stick.....That worked...(I think)

But my forearm and wrist and fingers are sticky....oh and bottom of my feet.....ohh my. I stepped onto the rug and whatever dog hair was there? Is now on the bottom of my feet.

I thought that I didn't have time to clean me...it had already been 3-5 mins....I needed to start sticking the map on....

Again ....not an easy task....took me forever to get it just right and w/o any ripples. I'd pull the map up gently...and some of it would tear (maps aren't real sturdy creatures to begin with)

I finally got it just so.....but I realized what a sticky mess I was....

I tried soap and warm water...nothing...

I've tried pouring nail polish remover on my hands and wrist....nothing....

I grabbed the bottle .....nothing about removing from skin.

Really? As if I'm the first person to do something this stupid?

Now as I type I am sticking to the keyboard...

Things I've learned about spray adhesive? I suck at it.

But the map didn't turn out too bad....(if I say so myself)


I'm just gonna be really careful in the future of how I spray this stuff....

Keep your eyes open for really cool different Letters for me....

This is the bedding I'm bidding on on Ebay....

bedding

ends tomorrow....I'm top bidder at $15.99....I thought all the colors of letters on the wall would look terrific with this bedding!!

Happy Times!!!!

Comments

Neely said…
Love the letters!
Anna said…
Totally awesome!! And I hope you get un-sticky soon!
If you come across an un-sticker, let me know. I used some spray adhesive the other day on the table....oopsy.

That alphabet wall is gonna be so cool!!
Stef said…
Haha. And that is why I don't craft. Haha.
A.K.W. said…
First time commenter, I know Googone might work since it takes off price tags, lipstick, crayon, and other sticky adhesives and bubble gum, etc. though and it has a citrus scent.

Amy
mountain mama said…
well...poo. the pics aren't loading for me. i do see the bedding, hope you won it!
mountain mama said…
well...poo. the pics aren't loading for me. i do see the bedding, hope you won it!

Popular Posts