Monkey See Monkey Do....

Little kids will imitate just about anything you do. Especially when the big kids are around. I've had this talk over and over with them...WATCH WHAT YOU SAY AND DO

Lily....(covers eyes) was sitting at the kitchen table playing with her LaLaloopsy Mini Dolls....(If I took a picture of what her daddy and GiGi has purchased for her you would die) anywho...

I hear her singing something and first reaction was ohhhhh how sweet.....then it was one of those moments where I paused what I was doing and cocked my head to the side like...."did I really just hear that?"

What was she singing? Sir Mix A Lot's "Baby Got Back"

I mean really!!! She's 3....

I hear her repeating...."Oh my gosh Becky Look at her butt"

Part of me should laugh, but the mommy side is horrified!

Of course I asked her who taught her that song....and her answer shocked me

I won't embarrass the child Kate by mentioning their name. For starters that person again points to Kate shouldn't even know that song...gross...(and sooo early 90's when the music wasn't that great)

Lily is like a sponge right now....I hear her say "Oh dang it" when she dropped something....Again not another good mommy moment.

Us mom's are like sponges too I guess.....the other day A bloggy friend Jen posted about a gum ball machine she scored at an auction. She said she thought this might make a great potty training reward. (me like)
Now let me just say Jen finds the greatest things at auctions...some great furniture that she fixes up....I'm all in envy of what she can do.....but when she posted about the gum ball machine....I knew the kids would jump up and down...(as much as me...I mean who isn't a sucker for those round fun colorful balls?)

For weeks I've been scouring the internet for a used one...(used gives character) It wasn't as easy as stumbling upon one .....and most new ones are made of plastic....

Mini Me would watch me searching the internet and help....(I rarely get out to flea markets...Lily and Reid aren't much bargain hunter partners....)

Yesterday I was on our neighborhood fb garage sale sites and BOOM....a lady posted 3 different machines....I jumped on one of them....it was sooo adorable (and old)....it was a 3 slotted one.....My sugar candy rush went into over-drive....all I could picture was...Gum in one....Skittles in one....and some other fun candy in another.....My bubble burst when the girl said she wasn't sure gum balls would work in it...so I passed...(then later googled and they would...booo on me)

So I settled on this one.....

1 (2)

Now it may not have a ton of character like a beat up one with the 3 slots....but we'll make our own character with it. I rushed out to pick it up to surprise the kids.....(hubs just slapped and shook his head...he does that often)

I'm off to Costco today to fill this sucker up!!! (and to the bank for quarters haha)


Comments

Neely said…
LOL oh Kate.....
Caroline said…
L is so funny!!!! And the gumball machine seems so fun!
Christi Crow said…
Love the gumball machine! I also "like big butts and I can not lie" Haha! Couldn't help myself :)
Dianna said…
Looks like fun to me!
Lori said…
haha how hilarious! your little lily sounds like a riot.
jen said…
I was loving your post, just minding my own business, when all of a sudden I saw gumball machine and me! Yours is awesome! We've had ours over a month now, and Hyrum still begs for pennies whenever he gets the chance.
Still haven't used it for potty training though . . . Thinking next Monday may be the day. But don't hold me to that one.
I LOVE the candy/gumball machine!! I think I may need one now! :)

Popular Posts