Skip to main content

Simple Easy Quick Meal....

I hate hamburger helper...not a fan....I think the noodles or pasta or whatever it is comes out smooshy....the sauce is usually ...well it would take a ton of water to swallow the food and wash that taste down.

I get the concept...SIMPLE.

I like simple....There are days when I start prepping the food at 10am...so all my grunt work is done....and I start cooking at 4...dinner by 5:15-5:30 ....then by the time I clean up the mess...it's close to 6...

Point of story...I like simple every once in a while....

Enter Sweet (always chipper...always smiling...and always perfectly groomed even when she should be sweating) Sandra Lee.

I adore her...Her tablescapes are always adorable....If money were no object I would totally have a theme for each meal/dinner party.

Her meals though are hit or miss with us....The Chicken and Dumplings recipe I use is her's and my fam's favorite...

Tonight I was looking for something fast....Hubs always says I should have a few boxes of the nasty hamburger helper on hand....but I can't bring myself to use them.

Then I ran across her Sept/Oct 2010 issue (I'm way behind) and found

Chili Mac

MoneySaving102WD

Ingredients
2 (14-ounce) boxes mac and cheese dinner, Kraft® Deluxe Mac and Cheese (I used family box size of the shells and cheese)
1/2 cup water
1 pound ground chuck
2 tablespoons chili mix, McCormick® Original Chili Seasoning Mix

Directions
  1. In a large heavy-bottomed pot, prepare macaroni according to package directions. Stir in 1/2 cup water; remove from heat; cover, and keep warm.
  2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until browned and crumbly. Drain well, and return to skillet. Stir in chili mix and macaroni mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly.
Now this is how I made it for the kids....For hubs and myself I added a half can of hot rotel. Next time I will add chopped onion to the meat....and some fresh jalapenos for the adults too!

Kate said "Hey mom...that took you about 5 mins to make and its really good"

Yep....that's what I like....quick and easy....Gonna make this again next week ....


Ok....do any of you have those little crazy Lalaloopsy dolls? Miss Lily is crazy about them and has a few (or million) Then she discovered the Mini ones...and her GiGi and Daddy have been surprising her with special treats weekly

1

This one is by far my favorite to play with her....the details on some of the mini accessories are adorable.....Lily has been stuck in make believe land for hours a day.

It's amazing to sit back and watch a 3 yr old mind at work....she put a few of the dolls near the tent on their back....she said they were looking up at the stars and then sang a "i wish upon a star" song....

This is by far my favorite age.....

Also....again to remind you....ENTER THE GIVEAWAY...FREE BOOKS FOR YOUR CHILD....ENDS THIS WEDNESDAY!!!

Comments

Stef said…
I am always on the look for something I can whip up in less than 30 minutes. Unfortunately, I am still always looking. Will have to try this one out.
LeAnna said…
I have made several variations of this, and it's so easy! Only we would want to make something similar to hamburger helper, but homemade. HAHA!
Annie said…
LOVE this 3 year old age...Blake has a crazy awesome imagination right now too...and I just love to watch him playing when he is in his own little world!!
carissa said…
oh my... that little lalaloopsy set up is adorable! i've seen them, but sage is too young to get into the things. hope they're around for another year! : ) and, what happens if i like simple easy dinners every day?? ; )
Jamie said…
Quick and easy is the way to go!
Angie said…
Mmmm...that sound so good. I will try it for sure. I think my people would love it!
Mommarazzi said…
This recipe looks like a winner!

Popular Posts