I Misplaced a Child...Mother of the Year

Goes to........Me

Ugh

Yesterday we went out to dinner as a family.....yes all 7 of us and a pregnant momma....I had garage sale money and momma was craving this little Mexican Tortilla place....so off we went at 4:30... Yes with this crowd we eat early. (actually by the time we load up....drive...pile out of car....it's close to 5)

Dinner was divine....in fact another older couple was commenting on how lovely all the children were ...and wanted to take Lily home...(I really hope they were kidding)

Next door there was a Target and some of the boys (hubs included) needed new shorts....so off we went. (I mean hello TARGET)

Child #2 said he wasn't coming in....Oh yes you are....Just roll the windows down mom I'm staying. Nope....get out of the car and join the family.....besides it's too hot to do that....So off #2 went with a huge pout. He's only an extra after all.....(do you remember the story of Mini Me claiming he was only an extra b/c we never hear from him in the family?....click here)

Typical Target shopping experience with lots of kids....buggy pushing wars....chasing....laughing....begging for things etc...

Back to car and headed home.....

All is good so far...

Got home pretty late ...enough time to bath small urchins and get them in bed.....

By 8pm Mini Me and I bolted to the grocery store for our weekly groceries....I've since noticed...Mondays are too hard with 2 babies and a huge buggy full of food...

Sunday's are too crowded....Saturday EVENING...now that's what I'm talking about. I have the store to myself (with the exception of a few crazy ppl that you only see in photos on that "People of Walmart" site)

Mini Me is my 2nd buggy pusher....and it's our time to chat.

Once home....I unloaded....and then put my feet up! It's late and Momma is tired....but AHHH Life is good.

Hubs and I watched some TV and then I turned in....

(this is where it got mmmmm?)

I always check on all my babies before bed....You know...where you poke your head in and see all kids accounted for?

Mini Me was reading in her bed.....Oldest child was in game area playing video games....
Youngest sleeping like a babe in crib....I poke my head in Extra's room and it's dark....and I see lump in bed....I say "Hey what you doing"...no response....I asked Mini Me what Jake is doing and she said sleeping. (which is really odd since he NEVER EVER GOES TO SLEEP BEFORE ME ON WEEKEND) I assumed I over looked him and he was on computer in kitchen.....so off to bed....only to find Lily sideways in King size bed....literally taking every spot ...shove her over and I'm out like a light.

(yawn stretch ...it's morning)

Reid is first up....he wakes me to his chatter at 6:40....I lay there awake for 20 mins hoping he will talk himself back to sleep....nope...

Off I go.....after a quick morning nursing....I pop my head in #2's room b/c now I can see since the sun is rising....

NO #2....

well this is odd SINCE NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS WOULD HE GET UP BEFORE 7 FOR NO REASON .....

I run downstairs....no child had fallen asleep on couch....I rush to guestroom...no child....

My heart is about to come out my throat....I'm sick...

I'm rushing around like a mad woman searching and think

OH DEAR LORD WE LEFT HIM AT TARGET

Seriously that was all I could think of....

I'm in that panic stage of fear and not thinking straight...

I rush to sleeping hubs and shake him awake screaming we've lost Jake.

He rolls over....and asks me why I think this...

So I tell him ...

He starts dying laughing....reminding me I yelled at the big boys the whole ride home b/c they couldn't stop touching each other....(See I need that 15 passenger van)

Then where is he I shouted? OMG He snuck out....or was stolen....all the doors are locked and I can picture a cold child asleep on the bench outside....

Hubs is really laughing at this point.....

"Honey while you were gone at the store his buddy came by to ask if Jake could spend the night....I said ok"

then proceeds to wonder why I never noticed him gone when I came home....

Because I assumed he was playing computer games.....or asleep....

I feel like the worst mother in the world!

I want to ring his neck and hug him at the same time....

My sweet sweet extra!

(now it makes sense why he was the only child that didn't come out to help with the groceries when I came home....but in my defense...this is the same child that "yells bathroom break" whenever chores need to be done....)

Poor child #6....I hope he knows what he's in for with this family!


Hey don't forget about the giveaway...there's no reason to deny your children of free books.....(grins)

Comments

LeAnna said…
Oh, sweet mercy. I shouldn't have laughed as much as I just did. Those extras... ;) Actually sounds like something MY husband would do (let a kid stay the night somwhere and forget to tell me.) maybe it's more like "those Hubby's...." Haha! After I had Q I would have the most irrational dreams that involved us leaving him home alone while we gallavanted around town. I would wake up in a panic every time. I had those kind of dreams until well after Sprig was born, it's an awful feeling!
Amanda said…
I had a mother of the year award moment this weekend, my 3yr old fell out of her chair in the food court of the mall...four moms came running over and of course this was when i was waiting for food (with my eyes on her but still too far away to stop her from falling) ugh i could practically hear the moms screaming at me in their heads. My daughter was fine which was great but i felt like a troll.
Amber said…
Hahaha, that is hilarious! I can imagine it's hard to keep up with that many lil' rugrats ;)
mountain mama said…
Phew, that wasclose! ;)

Popular Posts