Mouth Watering Meals and Delectable Treats.....

Southern Living Strikes Again.....

Thanks to the May 2012 issue....I was sitting there reading and a photo of some Street Tacos hit me in the face Monday night....My whole menu needed to change for Tuesday b/c I HAD TO I MEAN HAD TO MAKE THESE TACOS.

Off to the store I ran yesterday for some Flank and Serrano peppers....

Let me just say "WOWZA"

Please add this to your menu tonight...or this weekend.  I promise I won't steer you wrong....

The salsa has heat....I pulled the seeds from my Serrano Peppers....You can keep them in (hubs wants me to next time...b/c yes there will be a next time)

1

Suadero Tacos w/Serrano-Cilantro Salsa

  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice 
  • 1 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
  • 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic 
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
  • 1 (2-lb.) flank steak, diagonally cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • 12 (6-inch) fajita-size corn tortillas, warmed
  • 1/2 cup chopped white onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 
  • Serrano-Cilantro Salsa
  • Lime wedges  

Preparation

  1. 1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients and 4 Tbsp. oil; drizzle lemon juice mixture over steak in a large shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag. Cover or seal, and chill 1 to 12 hours. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat steak dry.
  2. 2. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer steak to a cutting board, and let stand 10 minutes. Chop steak.
  3. 3. Spoon steak into warm tortillas; top with chopped onion and cilantro. Serve with Serrano-Cilantro Salsa and lime wedges.

Serrano-Cilantro Salsa

  • 10 serrano peppers, stemmed and seeded
  • 1/2 cup diced onion 
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced 
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 
  • 1 teaspoon white vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

Preparation

  1. 1. Cook first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until peppers begin to brown and look blistered. Remove from heat, and cool slightly (about 5 minutes).
  2. 2. Process pepper mixture, cilantro, next 3 ingredients, and 3/4 cup water in a blender until smooth.

What I would do differently....The directions on the salsa say to cook the peppers, onion, and garlic together for 10 mins...I added my garlic in at the end 1-2 mins...(we all know how garlic burns)

2

Tonight on the menu?  Well it's Dinner with the InLaws....I've planned my yummy Lemony Pecan Chicken (southern living again)
 and dessert is my MIL's choice (her bday) 

Triple Decker Strawberry Cake (again Southern Living)

For my FIL ...I made an extra treat.....he loves his treats....and I thought I'd make an extra batch of yummy yums for him....

Did y'all  happen to catch the episode on The Pioneer Woman...when she made Pots de Creme?  

Well mine are chilling in the fridge!  Pure Sweetness I tell ya!

*my picture is from Ree's site....We haven't eaten ours yet*

ree

These were soooo insanely simple to make....

Makes you want to come to our house for dinner huh?!


Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm ready to come over for dinner! Looking and reading about all of this delicious food isn't doing me any favors this morning.. I haven't eaten breakfast yet! Now I am starving and my mouth is watering.
Caroline said…
My sweet tooth is in overdrive right now! And the tacos look amazing.
LeAnna said…
Oh man, those tacos look so good! In OKC there's a place called Big Truck Taco, and they serve some of the best tacos. Makes me wish I had some corn tortillas, I'd make a variation!
Have never made Pots de Creme but I think I need to. Yum!
Don't know if it's my love of tacos or my 3 weeks of healthy eating that's making me drool.....either way, when I'm at my goal weight (100 years from now), I'm coming over for dinner.

Popular Posts