Pinterest Stuff: The Good and The Ugly...(foodie dept)

Hello Fellow Pinterest Addicts....

(don't look around....I'm talking to you)

I tried these out for the kids lunch ....



They inhaled them....and funny thing?  They hate grilled cheese sandwiches.  But for some reason in this shape they loved them!  I didn't have any square cheese but had some Velveeta and used that...I put a thin slice on one side and then rolled it up and smushed it shut!!


Did you see a pin for these yet?



Well keep on walking....THEY WERE GROSS.  What are they supposed to be?  Toddler banana pancake cup thingy's

Now I like to read reviews first...(ok when I have time)
and the reviews were mixed.  I don't even know if 50% liked them or not....
I'm in the group that is a NO.
They came out gooey....like smashed baby food....the kids wouldn't touch them.  I did....I took a bite and wasn't impressed...basically I wasted 2/3 cup of syrup and 1 cup of pancake mix.  

My oldest was watching me and asked why I didn't just make Banana Pancakes instead?  I should have listened to him.  (did you read that Gray?)

(note to the person that 'invented' these....they just didn't work for us...glad they worked for you...I was hopeful)

Seen the Pioneer Woman's show yet?  She made these...

Tequila Lime Chicken w/rice and beans




So did I yesterday ....with the rice and the beans...

My review?  

Well I didn't taste any lime in the chicken.....and the beans...well how on earth did she get them to taste good?  I thought the chicken just tasted like grilled chicken...and the beans were bland....and didn't mash well....I was too busy to get out an immersion blender and just mashed em with my hand...(ok that and I didn't want to wash another object...the kitchen was already piling up)

Hubs said we should marinade them overnight or maybe even 2 days....we shall see.  Rice casserole made a ton....I would suggest cutting that sucker in half.  I should have when I saw the 4 cups of rice...but we had company....we didn't even make a dent in it....

I've already got a list going for next weeks meals....I have good intentions and then the day comes and with newbie still new...makes it hard to be in the kitchen for hrs like I normally do.  I've been trying hard to prep all during the day....but then with that...and the cooking it that night...I'm still in the kitchen all day...and that doesn't leave room for the other kids and ohhh SOMETHING LIKE GETTING A SHOWER IN FOR MYSELF.

What was I saying?

Oh meal planning...

I got a sample magazine in the mail....(b/c I don't have enough subscriptions....)
for Cuisine at Home 

The cover grabbed my attention b/c it said 
Easy to Prepare Midweek Meals in just minutes...

Hello?  Minutes?

Inside I found a handful I'd like to try.

So for next week I have planned

French Onion Steaks w/Cheese Toasts
Greek Chicken Roulades
Chicken Piccata
Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad (wish my mom was here for that)
Southwestern Chicken Panini

Yes a lot of chicken...we love chicken....and those are just a few I want to try...
The recipes look really simple....and simple is what I need right now....
They may or may not have just landed themselves a new subscriber!  

Did I mention Mr Cole is 5 weeks now?  I know shocking really!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I always love reading about when people actually make/try the pins! I have seen some hilarious fails.
Thanks for sharing :D
Sounds like you stumbled across an awesome magazine!
I have high ambitions to do more projects and cooking off of Pinterst but it doesn't happen. Though, I had a successful dinner last night thanks to Pinterst!
Caroline said…
have you eaten today???
Annie said…
Do you sleep? How do you have all this time to cook raising a small village ;) You never cease to amaze me! Whenever I get a minute to catch up on a couple blogs, yours always makes me think you are SUPER MOM!! & no way, how is your little dude already 5 weeks?! I need to go dig for pics of him in past posts....I'm sure he is beyond adorable! Miss keeping up with you, sounds like all is wonderful :)
Amber said…
Those grilled cheese roll-ups look yummy!

Popular Posts