I'm On A High....

Selling High that is....

Well it seems it's time to part with some of (ok all) of my baby girl clothes. We kept all of Lily's and all of Reid's in the maybe hopes we'd have one more kid again....and well that day came....and that day shows boy....so it means
"Hey Laura...part with your girl clothes and make room honey"

I can't part with her 0-6m stuff. I can't explain why.....but I can't. The other stuff...no problem....

Our neighborhood has a facebook classified section (gotta love free sells sections) and I listed a ton of stuff....so far I've made $45 just on summer pjs, a swim suit and 2 pair of her shoes.

I'm running around like a mad woman now going through all of her shoes and summer stuff to list. Whatever doesn't sell I guess is off to the resale shop.

What is it about selling and earning that feels terrific?

On different note: I learned a valuable lesson...

Never walk into a sleeping babies room at night to cover him....

I woke up around 5am and felt a little breezy...the temps in the house dropped from 72 to 68 and so I grabbed the covers.....covered miss Lily and then thought about sweet Reid.....I sometimes find him in a ball sleeping under his arms.....

So I sneak into his room and pop my head over the crib....only to find him on his back playing with toys and of course...SPOTTED ME

Up he popped like a jack in the box....ready for hugs and snuggles...

He's been sleeping through the night for about 2 months now and has only woken up about 2-3 times...each time I did nurse him back to sleep....(or tried to)

I'm trying to break that habit....and I should have last night....I should have rocked for about 10 mins and then let him fuss....

Lesson learned....but crazy boy.... playing at 5am...at least he was quiet!!

I'm off to list some more things....this is fun

Comments

Caroline said…
So good you have that option to sell the clothes. Save that money and spoil baby boy! Or yourself.
Just Jennifer said…
I love found money and getting rid of things at the same time! And I am sure you were kicking yourself being caught like that but you already know how fast the time goes by and how treasured those morning moments can be!
Scribbles said…
Beautiful blog and can't wait to read more. I am your newest follower.
Please feel free to stop by my blogs and follow me as well..

Love and Hugs
Sami -

http://simplysamisthoughts.blogspot.com/
http://confesstionsofthesilentranks.blogspot.com/
LeAnna said…
I totally agree, it's a lot of fun to sell things. I don't know why, but it is. Woohoo for making some money off of clothing! You should have the newborn clothes made into a throw or quilt. I'm thinking of doing that for each of my kids!

Popular Posts