Pregnancy Brain Fart.....

I'm embarrassed to even admit this.....but it totally goes to show you where a woman's brain goes when she's pregnant....totally out the window.

This morning while taking the little chick-a-dee to the potty I happened to glance in the mirror....I caught sight of my reflection and the first thought that popped into my mind?

"I'm getting fat...I look pregnant"

Then I sat there for a second realizing the truth to that. I mean really Laura?

Or

When I was making the pancakes and instead of pouring in the milk to the bowl and creamer to my coffee....I added creamer to the bowl and milk in the coffee....(wonder how those pancakes would have turned out if I didn't notice my mistake)

Or

When I start the wash and forget to add the clothes....only to go back later to move them to the dryer and see a tub of water staring at me....

I'm surprised I leave the house with pants on these days at the rate I feel like I'm going.

Sweet Bean hit the 20 weeks marker yesterday! Fluttering right alone. We cleared a space out next to my bed for a little pack in play until we buy a new crib to put in the room with Reid. I'm thinking IKEA...I can't bare to spend a fortune again on a crib when it's the last bambino. When baby starts sleeping through the night (which sweetie...Mommy thinks by 4 weeks would be terrific hee hee) he will share a room with his big bro Dude Friend, Alexander, Bigs Boy, and Kenneth...aka Reid!!!

As for theme? I totally had another thought....FORGET THE FARM/BARN. I'm gonna do solid/madras bedding with the accents of different ABC's...inspiration? Pinterest of course.

Look at these? I am sooo now on the hunt for crazy letters....if you find any....send me a txt....I need to hit more flea markets!







I love the Cross for the T...and thought a Map print for the M would be cute...and Hello....that HUGE WOODEN BUTTON FOR THE O....I have my work cut out for me...

Still thinking of names...I have a handful I love....I guess we should have 4 more boys so I can use all the names up! (honey, I'm soooo kidding if you are reading this)

Hubs and I are trying to eat more protein and veggies and less sugars and carb for the next 20 weeks....(HELLO I'M NOT WANTING ANOTHER 10 LB BABY)
Last night we pan grilled some skirt steak and I made a Soy Mustard Sauce....Can I just say I would drink that if I could it was that good.

You must make this....



Did I mention that 1 tbs of sauce along with the skirt only had 2.3 carbs per serving? Oh Yea Baby...that's what I'm talking about!

Courtesy of Cooking Light April 2012

  • 1 teaspoon canola oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
  • 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 3/4 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided

Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add soy sauce, mustard, and sugar; cook 1 minute or until bubbly. Remove pan from heat. Stir in cream and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. Serve sauce with steak.

This post was a little of this and that.....just a sample of what's in my brain today....and this is only the tip of my brain! (grins) Stay out...hubs says it could be a scary place to enter! So enter at your own risk!


Comments

Allison said…
We are also doing ABC theme in our nursery because we are not finding out the sex and it seemed so classic and Lydia our 2 year old is learning her ABC's and numbers now so it will be fun for her too. YAY for ABC's.
mountain mama said…
hee hee, too funny!! yes, pants are a very good thing to remember :)

love those walls!!
Neely said…
Love the alphabet walls! Your "I look pregnant" LOL wow Laura
Caroline said…
Love the letters. So cute. And you always crack me up!
Meagan said…
mmm Ilove skirt steak and that sauce sounds amazing! Too bad my husband doesn't like mustard!
Lily Dawn said…
haha! I totally have it going on too, the washer thing- guilty!! Congrats on finding out you are adding another little dude to the mix :) You're halfway there- yay!! We have been tossing around names and can not agree on anything! Reese didn't have a name until about an hour before we left the hospital ;)

I LOVE the ABC collages! I just pinned a map letter I found from urbanoutfitters- would go perfect with that look.

Now to catch up on the rest of your posts :)
Girl! Pregnant brain just becomes mommy brain and continues on forever...at least mine has! ;)

I have to try that recipe asap! We did low carb for several months and took a break, but I'm ready to get back to it because I feel so much better and less sluggish when we eat those foods. I'm putting that recipe on my list!
The Herd said…
message me on facebook with your address and I will keep my eyes out for crazy letters...if you like them, great, if not, just use them elsewhere!
Karen
Stef said…
Ahh...mushy prego mind. Love it!
And what a fun idea for a theme. Love it!
I also am excited for you to have another boy. Reid and he will be best buds. I too thought my last was a girl. So much so that when I lent my baby boy clothes to my sister in law I told her she could get rid of them. Lucky for me she kept most of them. So much for instincts. Ha!
My goal is to get this book into motion before the end of the year. I am such a chicken. And lazy...I think I will just print out a few of my favorites and send them in as is....oh I feel nervous.
Dianna said…
I love the ABC idea!! Very cute!

When I was prego I put a gallon of ice cream in the fridge instead of the freezer!
YAY for another Boy! So much fun!!
I loove the letter idea as well. I want to do this with the next kiddo... instead of having to buy all of the letters- if/when you have a baby shower ask whoever is throwing it for you to assign each guest a "letter" to bring... soooo much cheaper than you having to buy them all and plus, how neat to remember the fun times and the people that were at your shower :)

Popular Posts