The Best Day Ever.....

Yesterday started off great...kids slept perfectly (I did mention Dude has been sleeping through the night for about a month now right?....it's about time huh) I got dinner started in the slow cooker and dessert made all done by 8 am....I pulled a Pinterest recipe out and was not disappointed...



although I altered it a bit...we added some ham base and a few chunks of potatoes (added at last hr) that I had leftover in the pantry calling for a meal. I say this was a hit...

Then off to the Galleria to meet the Mother In Law for a day of shopping....first stop? American Girl Store....Lily has been really into babies lately....Which is totally fun considering the fact that Mini Me had baby dolls but never ever got 'into' it. She could take them or leave them. Lily on the other hand just exploded in the "I need to feed, dress, change, play, and put my baby to sleep" My MIL went crazy on Lily....(don't judge...grandparents are supposed to spoil) she got another bitty baby...this one has dark hair and blue eyes....Lily has since named her Lucy. Lucy got a baby carrier....play food....a play baby food mixer....bowls....sippy cups....bird spoons....bottles....blankets...back pack....

2.2

a couple of changes of clothes....(and I had to buy the matching outfit for Lily) MIL also bought Miss Thang Julie the American Doll...have you seen the cool 70's girl?

7

Lily walked the mall with Julie...holding her hand and showing her the sights....Then off to the "special" shoe store...where Lily got 2 new pairs of shoes....her choice...and Reid got a pair too...(yea Reid) Then some clothes...Miss Thang picked out 2 dresses....a hello kitty bathing suit and hello kitty rain coat. Reid got a cute Cookie Monster stuff animal that he pleasantly chewed on the entire trip....Lily picked Pizza for our lunch....which both kids inhaled....I was impressed at how well they did.....long day and totally totally fun!

The minute in the door we had to dress and change and feed our baby a million times. Lily needed to match so off our clothes came and we pranced around happily matching Lucy. When my inlaws came for dinner, Lily dragged her "old dad" off the park and she had to bring her baby and baby carrier! (grand dads are terrific)

Before bed we had to change back into the baby pj's and she fed her baby....don't get me started on how she slept with all that....she was one proud mommy!

Before bed Lily told me that was the "Best Day Ever" (grins)

This morning has been more of the same....Ive already put Lily's dress in the wash for her to wear her's again to match Lucy....(Lucy of course has been fed and changed again this morning)
This photo cracks me up....she said she needed to be "swerious for her photo with her baby" notice the hand motion as if she is a Price is Right model showing off the prizes....

1

The kids have been playing in the backyard...Lily is on a trip taking Lucy to "Americas" and picking wildflowers....Reid is along for the ride she said....

5

4

I had forgotten how incredibly fun it is to play baby dolls...(and how much easier they are to care for haha)

On a side note....this sweet guy is 13 months today....ain't he a handsome soul!!

3

Comments

Caroline said…
Awww...so cute and fun. I love the American Girl dolls. They are just so good for little girls.
Neely said…
Love those sweet pictures!
When I saw this title I was just sure it gonna be all about talking to me yesterday. Hmm. Weird. But the other parts of your day sound good too! :)
mountain mama said…
a good day indeed!! :)
LeAnna said…
Oh my goodness, they are adorable! Love, love, loooove this obsession with baby dolls. It's so precious to see girls love on their dollies.
Amber said…
American Girl store, so fun! Lily looks precious with her baby doll. And Reid? Oh my gosh, he's getting so big! P.S. Have I already told you how much I love your new blog design?!

Popular Posts