From Boy to Man.....

When our children are little we always ask them...

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Most of the time we get the ...A Ninja or Garbage Man or Dirt Digger....

and so you wait....and watch them grow from toddlers...to preschoolers....to big school kids....to young men....

As time goes on we see them transform right before our eyes....

My oldest found a passion....Drafting....

He started taking Architecture classes and some sculpture classes.....and found his niche

He found out he loves autocad ...and designing....he entered a design on a house and he heads to State Competition this weekend....He leaves Sunday and comes back Tuesday...HOW EXCITING IS THAT?

I am the proudest Momma around....I've told him whether he places or not...this is a fun neat awesome cool experience!! (I think he knows haha)

His teacher has given him some words of encouragement and has told him that he hopes Gray sticks with this because he's really good and recommended him for the Advance Class next year. Little does this teacher know that Gray's love language is Words of Affirmation!


In his other class they are working with wood....here are some cutting boards he made recently....I use the one on the right daily! (can't you tell)

He'll txt me from school (yep they are allowed ...or just don't get caught) photos of the stuff he is working on.....I'm the typical mom shouting how great his stuff is....

Seriously though....the cutting boards are perfect...(I'm not bias)

3

(now if only I can get him to cut his hair)

_______________________________________

Different note....

this sweet boy is growing into one funny, adventurous, crazy, talkative, and spirited young boy.

1

He's in his bumps and bruises and rough and tumble stage....falls and gets right back up again

He also thinks he's a comic....a bug catcher....dog chaser.....dollhouse destroyer.....his new talent...biter. (ugh)

Sweet blue eyes has me under his spell though

Don't forget to enter my giveaway from yesterday!! free books....don't pass that up!

AND THAT LEMON CAKE? WAS TOO DIE FOR...the whole family moaned with pleasure!

I think I'm inspired to sub lemon zest for vanilla bean...and lemon juice for vanilla....and vanilla yogurt for lemon....HELLO 2ND YUMMY GOODNESS!

Comments

Angie said…
Awww....you have some amazing boys! I love the cutting boards.

Now....I'm off the see what this giveaway is all about.
LeAnna said…
Good for him, that is SO awesome! My Hubby won several competitions with AutoCad! He really enjoys drafting and design, and then getting to see it come to life as he builds it.
Just Jennifer said…
OMG I remember when he was little! The time has gone by so quickly. Those cutting boards are amazing, I hope he does well this weekend.

As for the biting, I still remember with much horror when Jordan bit poor Brooke Johnson at Mom's Club! Ugh, I have never been so mortified in my life. Thankfully they do get over it ;)
Caroline said…
Those cutting boards are amazing. Job well done!
Neely said…
Yay for him!! And Reid seriously too cute!
mountain mama said…
that's awesome, a proud mama you should be! what's a little long hair anyway? :D
Stef said…
What an honor. I can't wait for my kids to figure out their thing. And I love Reid's stage...minus the biting, of course.
Sorry I have been absemt lately. The older my kids get the crazier is my life. You, of all people, get that.

Popular Posts