It's a .......









I remember the day so vividly when I found out I was expecting a girl.  September 12th 2000  (ok I had to look up the date)

I had 2 boys first and just KNEW that #3 would be another boy. 

Oddly enough #1 already knew before I did...in fact he was 4 and told me he had a dream....that God told him he had a little sister and her name was Katelyn.  2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant.   I still didn't believe it was a girl though...(oh me of little faith)

On the sono date the technician wrote down the sex of the baby on a card and I didn't look.  We were saving to look during lunch.....We ordered our food and I couldn't wait any longer..... I flipped the card over and boom....


I will never forget that feeling!  A girl....princesses and tea parties!  Hair bows...pink...flowers....the list could go on!


January 26, 2001
1:36 am
6 lbs 15oz and 20" of pure sweetness you entered our world!

I was in labor pretty much the whole day and by 9pm I knew we should get a move on to the hospital.  They didn't really believe I was in labor....but didn't turn me away either....so there I "labored" in the room.....

Finally around 1am I told the nurse I needed to push.  She told me No...that the doctor wasn't there yet....I pretty much told her too bad....and the poor nurse had to catch you!  I guess not many natural birthing momma's come their way...The nurse did fine though...(she can write it in her notes)  
The dr finally did show up....I can't tell you what her name was or what she looked like...In fact she didn't even ask how I was doing....The dr looked more irritated to be woken up after midnight and dragged out in the rain more than anything.....(hence another reason we used midwives after you)

I remember the first couple of weeks you didn't sleep.   Except during the day.  My mom came to stay with us to help out.  She was a blessing, but sadly could only stay a week.  I remember her driving away and me sobbing....I kept thinking...How will I take care of 3 babies without her.  (grins)

You grew into this fantastic little baby.  Your brothers inhaled you...


The three of you were adorable together!     

I used to dream what my daughter would look like and honestly I couldn't have dreamed up a more perfect little girl....Your brown hair and crystal blue eyes blow me away each morning I see your happy face.

 
Not a moment goes by that you don't hold a smile for me or someone around you


I used to dress you in the silliest things, but you let me...bless your heart...


I love who you are becoming....



Here tomorrow my little girl turns 12....






 
 
 

  
I know you are in a hurry to  grow up, but I'd like to keep you my little girl just a bit longer!   There are things I have yet to teach you...and things I've yet to learn from you too.

Happy Birthday Tomorrow sweet girl!

Comments

jen said…
Love this post. I can't believe she's twelve--welcome to teenage girls. You're in for a ride, my friend.
Caroline said…
Happy Birthday, K! I can't get over how much your kids look alike! Her pics could pass for L's!
Stef said…
You're in trouble. SHe is so cute!
averyswifeliz said…
I am pregnant with a little girl and reading this post was so sweet I cried. I had the same feelings of excitement when I found out it was a girl, just like you. :-)

Popular Posts