Inspiration Menus...What's On Your Dinner Table?

Menu Monday


I've been meal planning on Friday and shopping for the week on Saturday now.  I've realized no one seems to be there on Saturday...it's nice to have the place (ok sort of) to myself.

I'm back to the shopping.  I'm usually head shopper...but after I have a baby hubs takes over for a few months.  I've milked it as long as I can it seems.

Cole is 5.5 months now and it looks like my vacation is over.

We tried going as a family with the 3 small ones the past 2 times....but that's a nightmare by the end of the trip.

So Saturday I did it with just me and Cole and it was super sweet to have that time alone with just me and my boy!  

I also realize I spend WAY less than hubs at the store.  I can also drive there...shop...load groceries and be home in 1 hr and 15 mins...hubs?  over 3 hrs.  Maybe he's on to something though by taking his time and not rushing back home to the chaos....I mean joyful sounds of a house with 6 kids.

Tonight...French's Fried Onion Chicken...Cheese and Broccoli and Rolls.
I had a ton of those French's things in the pantry...why not make a meal.

Source: frenchs.com via Laura on Pinterest


Tuesday:  Enchilada soup and Tamales

I used this recipe before and it was delish!  We buy our Tamales at the corner every Friday.  $10 for a dz and the best around.



The only thing I did differently? Instead of a bell pepper and can of diced tomatoes...I add a can of rotel...

Wednesday:  Cheddar Burgers with Balsamic Onions and Chipotle Ketchup and Tater Tots
Say this recipe on Pinterest and I was sold



Thursday: Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas

Same recipe I used last week...but instead of making it with pasta...I'm going to shred the chicken...roll in tortilla and pour more sauce over ...sprinkle with cheese and Viola!  (I'll update with a photo when I make them)  Yes, it was that good



Friday:  Twice Baked Potatoes 

I was craving a Baked Potato Bar like in High School and then thought why not Twice Bake them for a crispy goodness?

I gave up by Saturday...Give me some ideas!





Comments

Jennifer said…
Here's our menu for the week:

http://www.themaynards3.blogspot.com/2013/01/menu-126-21.html

We LOVED the Creamy Tomato and Bacon Soup from Saturday. It was our first time to make it and we will definitely be making it again.
Caroline said…
what time is dinner??
Stef said…
Can I come eat at your house. I am so with you on the Hubs vs Me on the whole shopping. I hate it and so that may be why I can get in and out in less time spending less money. He loves it so he also takes his time and adds so many things to the cart....but sometimes it's worth the break.
Angela said…
I'm so hungry now!

Popular Posts