Why I am What I am....

A SAHM Mom

Because I can't imagine anyone else doing my job better than me.

I can't imagine anyone else waking my sweet babies or tucking them in at night.

Because I can't imagine anyone feeding my baby first thing in the morning and getting all the snuggles....

Because I can't imagine anyone else seeing all the FIRSTS
First grin, giggle, roll, food, push up, crawl, walk, word...

Because I'm selfish and want them all.

I want all the hugs....the kisses...as snotty and slobbery as they may be.

Because I want to be the one they run to when happy or scrape a knee.

I want to be the one waiting at home with cookies and a glass a milk to hear all about their day....I want the first version not the pass down b/c it's been told a million times version already.

Because I don't want to miss all the sweet nursery rhyme songs sung off key at random times during the day.

I don't want to miss the 'nature' walks with my sweets pointing out all the bugs or planes flying by.

Because I don't want someone else to see the pure bliss on my child's face as they fly a kite.

Because I don't want someone else teaching my child the itsy bitsy spider w/o me.

Because I want to be the one who's smile they see first thing after their long nap.

Because I want to be the one that tickles them until they squeal.

Because I want to be the one they reach their little arms up to to be picked up.

Because I want to be the one invited to the Tea Party dressed as a Princess or Fairy.

Because I don't want to miss this....the way they love each other....

3


I don't want to miss one single second of their days....I can rest and have "me" time when my sweet babes leave my nest...until then...give me it all!!


Comments

Yep. That pretty much sums it up. :) Oh, and that picture is precious.
Made me cry! I totally agree!! I'm selfish like that, too!
Carrie said…
Love this!
I'm just as selfish as you are :)
Dianna said…
This is very sweet and I am jealous! My heart aches to be a SAHM but there are is always a give and take to everything. You have a very wonderful job!
Kerbi said…
Such beautiful words sweet friend! You're such an incredible mom!
Dana said…
Love this!! You are such an amazing mama!!! And love that precious photo!
jen said…
Selfish--me too!
Meghan said…
This is just perfect:) I am not a mom, but I do know that SAHM moms get a bad rap sometimes and I can only imagine that its both the hardest and most rewarding job in the world!
couldn't agree more :) such a rewarding job!
carissa said…
that is surely my most favorite picture ever of your babes! so so sweet. and yeah, no one can do a better job at our jobs than us. yes and amen!!!
Meagan said…
Love this post! I shared with a friend that is trying to decide if she should quit her job. I'm going to post on facebook now too! I think those pjs Reid has on are ones we have too!
HockeyShape said…
LOVE!!! exactly why i left my professional job, to start a much more rewarding job as a stay at home mommy! best job EVER :)
Annie said…
p.s. that other comment from hockey shape was ME! ;)

Popular Posts