I Ain't No Feminist....

*disclaimer....these are my views...and I'm not forcing them on you...just stating my views...so no need to write ugly words to me....thanks*

I'm Feminine ....womanly....but not even close to a Feminist...

You see to me ...Feminist implies (again I said to me ppl) those women who get all hot and bothered and put their hands on their hips saying "GIRL POWER" or "If a man can do it I can do it...better" or "I don't need no stinkin man"

For starters....what is girl power? You a super hero? Like a Power Puff?

I hate to tell you this....but God made MAN different than us for a reason. (thank you Lord) I love being soft and curvy....and I love that my man is strong and rough. I love that my hands are delicate and made to nurture....I love that his are strong and were made to toil the earth (work for my family) and fixes things. I love that he's the rational to my emotional.....and I LOVE THAT I CAN GIVE BIRTH.....men were made for other things...and I embrace all things GIRLY....and not try to be like my hubs.

As for I don't need no stinkin man....OHHH YES I DO.....too many to list since they would make you blush!

My husband is my best friend....and he's all man....and loves that I'm all woman!!

I'm sorry but I believe if you choose to walk down the street wearing next to nothing then don't complain when men gawk or

Why am I spouting this nonsense to you?

I guess I read a Liberal (gasp) magazine Parents....sorry yes to me it is....most topics are totally not on board with my views....but I got it free and I like reading about baby clothes....baby food.....and in fact on page 54 of the March issue they talked about a temperature gadget I want....anywho

They had the top 2012 Best Blog awards.......and I wanted to see if there were any I had read. I love finding new blogs to read....crafty ones too....

The first one up was a mommy blog.....I got all excited...b/c hello? I love the mommy blogs, but alas I had never heard of her....after reading a bit if her blog....not likely I ever will...

You see she's one of 'those' .....

The ones that think it's ok that the little boys want to paint their nails Pink....or wear ballet tutu's to the store....or for the boys to like all thinks Pink and Sparkly and that's the theme they want for their Birthday Parties....or for her daughter's friends that are boys to want to wear pink tights with his shorts to school....b/c after all it's a free world and everyone is equal. Sorry....I can't agree with her......My boys are NOT like my girls and my girls are NOT like my boys. And honestly I like it that way.

I guess I'd better get off my soap box and get my barefeet and pregnant (6 times over) belly back in the kitchen.....I really like it there....there is something about wearing an apron and baking banana bread that puts me in the mood!!

For those that are praying for Heather...keep praying....she arrived in Dallas late Wednesday and and they admitted her for more testing.....the doctor said surgery will be Monday and then they will have an idea of how to treat this. But it doesn't look good....The tumor is large and on the left lower side....and there were fingers already growing to the right side. Her children are still back home I'm sure missing her like crazy and scared to death. Pray for her and her family. Pray that the tumor shrinks or is gone and that a true miracle happens to their family!

P.S. I hope you're still my friend after reading this.....

Comments

Neely said…
Laura,
There are many reasons I love you, this post is one of the main ones. You are strong, smart and outspoken and I love that about you friend. I love that you are girlie and crafty and I whole heatedly believe you. Even though I am GASP a liberal I believe in gender roles. Women/girls should be girly and men/boys should be rough and tough. Now I went through a tomboy phase when I was 10 but that is besides the point. I should send you the blog post I read from a first time preggo about how she plans to not find out the sex of her baby or raise said baby in any one gender role....

Yeah Im gonna send that to you.

Love you friend!
Amanda said…
Well said!

~Amanda
LeAnna said…
Well, of course you know I totally agree with you. Unfortunately Mothers have coddled their sons since the femnisist movement, and we have a lot of men who aren't fulfilling the role of men, and women who are stepping in their shoes. Thus creating a vicious cycle. I praise God that I married a man in every sense of the word. It's not that all men have to be chauvenist and insensitive, but rather that they be leaders in their home. We need leaders.

This is why I will never agree with a female president. Our state has a female governor and I don't agree with that. I got a LOT of flak from (surprisngly) some conservative friends for saying I didn't think a woman was fit for the job. Here's the deal. Woman is an emotional creature, no matter if she expresses it greatly or not, she is. She'll either deal with her emotions outwardly or inwardly, but the truth is that she has a completely different method of coping then man does.

ANYWAY. I could write you a novel, obviously. While in our home it's very much 100%/100% - meaning my Hubby makes the majority of our decisions based on my feelings on the matter (we work together) there are many things that he takes control of. And it's how I want it. Makes me feel safe, and I like that...
Anonymous said…
I completely agree with you.
Emily said…
AMEN!!!! I love and embrace traditional roles in my relationship & know I'll feel the same way when I have a family. Preach on girl cause I'm right here behind you cheering!
Katie said…
YESSSSS!! I don't understand why people are so anti-gender roles. Men and women ARE different and were designed that way. Of course, it's okay for boys to play with dolls and girls with cars. But parents who train their boys to be like girls (and vice versa, although much more rare) make me so sad. We need more masculine men, not less! Great post!
Anonymous said…
Completely agree!!!!! I can't stand that attitude in women, and I firmly believe the feminist movement was the beginning of this nations downfall. Not to say that women should be doormats... Not at all! But women are made to be women, and men are made to be men! That is how God made it, and anytime humans get involved and think they have a better idea, things just get screwed up! My heart breaks for little boys and girls these days. The whole gender neutral thing makes me sick.
Dianna said…
I am still your friend!
Makes me wanna be your friend EVEN MORE!
Joanne said…
I guess my only beef is when people discourage their child away from something they like. Growing up, I was a tomboy, I hated dresses and anything girly. All I ever wanted to do was play with cars, GI Joe, and run around with the neighbourhood boys. I loved sports. But I was told that "nice little girls should play with dolls" and always felt like I couldn't be who I truly was.

If my little boy likes pink, I won't tell him it's bad (and who decided that pink was a girl's colour anyway???). If he puts on Elise's tu tu to play, I'll probably take his picture (boys CAN wear skirts... kilts rock!). I just don't want my kids to feel bad about who they are.

That being said, I love being a girl (ummm, woman)... giving birth, nursing, being a mom. Just don't ask me to scrapbook or be crafty.

I'll still be your friend if you'll still be mine (I have a feeling I probably sound a lot like the article you didn't like)!
averyswifeliz said…
I just had a baby and my heart breaks for your friend. I am praying hard for her and her babies.

-Liz
Christi Crow said…
Standing in prayer with you for your sweet friend! Amazing post also! :)
Anonymous said…
Yup I definitely agree with you there. I mean I think boys can pursue some traditionally "girly" pursuits and excel without loosing their masculinity, and our mechanic is a gal my age & she rocks at it. But I am not a fan of throwing gender roles out the window. I think it is such a huge disservice towards our children, and way confusing for them. And you know, not Biblical. Like LeAnna said, I don't think a female should be president because women are so emotional (the feminists will kill me for saying that), and men in many ways are just better fit for certain things. Like ya said, God made them that way! I love that my husband is very masculine. It scares me how many men in my generation have been coddled & babied in the way of this postmodern/feminist world and are not taking care of their wives & families.

So anyway, I agree with you!!
Unknown said…
Sing it, lady!

Granted, I was a tomboy 4th-6th grade, but definitely a girly one. I liked sports. Still do. But I definitely girl it up with the best of 'em!

But yeah, I know we are supposed to embrace our kids for their choices and stuff... but at the same time, I believe parents are supposed to guide their kids, and discourage behavior that could cause issue later on. So I totally hear ya. I am definitely no feminist. I know as a girl I should represent but um.. I'm glad that I don't have to do the driving, fix the cars... and sheesh... not gonna lie, if a woman were president, once a month when aunt rose came to visit, or, you know, for no reason at all, we'd be having serious issues with other countries... at least if I were president. I'd be "unfriending" and "refriending" at will left and right. Men and women were definitely created differently for different roles. Hehe.
JDub said…
Lol!! Christian has pink toe nails right now :). I was doing mine and he wanted them and I didn't have the heart to tell him no.

Other than that my butt belongs in the home and kitchen while Dan takes care of all the dirty work!
Shannon said…
Love you, friend!

Your honesty is what makes you YOU and it's so refreshing. In my opinion, that's what's so wrong with much of the world today...we live in a time where everyone gets a trophy just for participating, everyone wants something for nothing, and the lines between the genders is becoming blurred with boys suing for the right to join the Girl Scouts and girls in middle school trying out for the football team! It's a totally wonky world, and there are times I really wish for the simpler time before we were born with things weren't quite so convoluted.

I'm with you, all the way! Hope you're having a good weekend! XO
Kasi said…
Yes, Ma'am, couldn't agree with you more :)
Kasi said…
Yes, Ma'am, couldn't agree with you more :)
Angie said…
I knew all this about you before you wrote it! I agree with you. I wouldn't have it any other way in my house!
Oh, girl, I hate feminism!!

And I love you!
carissa said…
praying for Heather!

kelly tells me that if he dies i need to marry a man at his funeral. that's how helpless i am without him! and it's true. : )
Dana said…
Couldn't agree more!! :)

Praying for Heather!

Popular Posts