Reid's 1st Birthday: Barn Themed Party


I had a ton of fun (and exhausting hours) thinking up ideas and planning Reid's 1st Birthday. The older kids asked why I went to so much trouble because he (Reid) has no clue....but I beg to differ. The look on his face when he saw the balloons and cupcakes was worth it.

Besides...party planning/throwing is more to make your guests have a great time. I think that's what entertaining is all about....making your guests feel welcome in your home.....(that and that their bellies get super full and they can barely walk when they leave)

I am the worst picture taker in the world....I always forget to take pictures when people arrive and during the party.....(real good McFly) So needless to say all I have are some before pictures....(hubs snapped this cute one of Dude during the opening of his presents)

10

♫ Happy Birthday To You ♪

13
12

He was extremely into the cake smashing time....He was uber excited...he was such a happy baby all day.

Here's a view of the food table
6

My personal favorite...the Vegetable Patch w/ranchy dip
19

16

People at the party had a kick out of my "eggs" aka marshmallows
9

What's a little farming without some "Dirt"
7

Even the "Piggies" got in on the action (note to self...triple batch next time)
14

Drink Trough and Plate/Fork Hay Bale
17

 
No Barn party is complete without our animals


Little Chicks were my favorite
15

Chicken Grub
18

Sadly I forgot to take a picture of the "Hay Balls" Vanilla flavored yellow popcorn. I also forgot to take a photo of the "Adoption Center" party favors. Here's one day before party
8

I really lucked out on not spending a lot of money on this party...(other than food) I already had most of the supplies for the decorations....ie bandanas and scraps for the jars....clothespins, tissue paper (I did purchase another package for $.99 from Hobby Lobby) I got the hay bales free from a neighbor. Back in October they had a display on their porch....I knew I was going to need those for Reid's party and asked if I could have them when they were finished...score.....free hay months in advance. I had all the paper for the name tags too. I did purchase the balloons $2.99 party store....and the wooden tray from Hobby Lobby (50% off for $4)

For the "adoption center" I took and old box and cut out a fence (my Cricut came in handy for all the projects) then I purchased little mini beanie animals and the babies could pick a 'friend' when they left. The horses were the first to go!!!

Lily asked who's birthday was next in the family....(raises hand Me Me Me) but I'll be taking a break from planning something just yet. I think everyone just likes an excuse to eat cake....Lily included. The dirt cups were a hit too.....I have been informed to make those again for Wednesday night dinner! (I will oblige)

I can't believe little man is already 1 and I can't believe I am pregnant with #6....(14 weeks today) Time sure flies when you are having fun. Slow down time!

Comments

Laura, this is cute, cute, cute!!
Laura you did awesome! Seriously so adorable and can I just say that I love your kitchen!
Neely said…
You're my hero Laura!
jen said…
Wow. You should do this for a living. I'm amazed!
Unknown said…
I've probably said this before, as I know I'm often dropping my jaw around your blog all the time when you post party pics (hehe) but, have you ever considered going into business? You are SO talented and creative with these parties!

And sure, he might not remember it, but just looking at the pictures, he was SO enjoying it! So cute! Happy birthday Dude!
Lily Dawn said…
Everything looked great!! soooo fun :) and I love the adoption center for the favors- too cute!

And I am so excited to have a pregnant buddy this time around- yay! ;)
Lori said…
ohmygosh, i LOVE this birthday party! happy birthday little man! give him a kiss from me :)
LeAnna said…
You are so ridiculously motivated and TALENTED! Such a cute party! We haven't texted in a long time. Must remedy that. ;)
Ashleigh said…
You are super mom! This is all so creative and fantastic!
Jillian said…
You did an amazing job on the party!!
carissa said…
not only do you need to open a bakery, but a party planning business too! this is amazing. like, the cutest barn party my eyes have ever seen. the veggie patch and cupcakes are my faves. i pinned it all! : )
Caroline said…
Oh I just love it! So fun! Happy 1st B-day again!!!
Dianna said…
So cute!! Way to go! I have a question about using your cricut. Do you use it for fabric and paper? We used my moms for the first time in January and after one day the blade wouldn't cut through fabric anymore. Wondering if you have had the same issue!
Adorable birthday theme. I can't hardly believe he's one already! Crazy!
I love all the decor and details. So cute.
...and while being PREGNANT. You crazy.

(I love it all!)
Shannon said…
You out did yourself on this one my friend! It looks ah-mazing! Happy B'day to Little R. My how fast time passes. Hope y'all are well!

Popular Posts