What I'm Lovin Wednesday



1. I'm loving ...Good Food...

2

Back to the recipe folder I found from 2007....found this beauty from the October 2009 issue of Family Circle for Pasta Fagioli. I remember making this and love love loving it. Made it again last night. I didn't have any capicola on hand so I sub pepperoni instead. (I prefer the ham flavour over the pepperoni...just saying)

So here's the winner winner soupy dinner for you to try....

Pasta Fagioli

1 T. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 32 oz. box reduced sodium chicken stock/broth
2 cans (8 oz. each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
1 t. italian seasoning (although, I added more)
1/2 lb. ditalini pasta
4 carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
2 cans (15 oz. each) cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
1/4 lb. capicola (spicy italian ham)
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1 c. water
Grated parmesan cheese

Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock, water, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and carrots; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in beans, capicola, salt and pepper. Heat through.

Serve warm with grated parmesan cheese.

2. I'm loving...Peppermint Mocha Creamer
nothing like starting your morning with a bit of minty goodness

3. I'm loving.... A good book
on page 13 I was already crying....I'm a sucker for books. (in case you were wondering...it's nothing educational or something that will make my mind grow....it's a series from Linda Lael Miller....)

4. I'm loving ....Wednesday dinner w/the Inlaws
1

tonight I'm baking a Chocolate Ganache Cake ...it looks sinful and smells utterly amazing baking right now. I'm already in heaven and I haven't tasted it yet.

2

5. I'm loving ....that my very own Princess...loves being a Princess.

snow white

Nothing better in life than playing a little make believe. That's why I don't object to Halloween and all the fun that goes with it. It's a day where a child can walk around dressed as anyone they want to be...and it's like one giant party in their yard...and better yet? Candy out the wazoo. Lily is gonna be Tinkerbell ...and Mini Me is going to be a Paper Doll....We are going to make it....got the idea from Family Fun magazine.

Comments

Lori said…
ah! brooke is going to be snow white too. she chose it out of all of the costumes i wanted her to wear. our two littles are going to be the most rascal snow whites ever, haha.
Liz Taylor said…
Give me the cake... and no one gets hurt.
Anonymous said…
Oh My!!!! Pasta Fogli just made me drool (Yes, I know i spelt that wrong) lol
carissa said…
i wish i could come over with your in-laws. mmm.

we got that mag too... i adore the paper doll costume idea. it's so brilliant!
LeAnna said…
Oh my, that cake looks deeeeelish!
Caroline said…
L is so cute! And I want all of that food to get in my belly right this instant. Yum!
Amber said…
I need to make that pasta fagioli, looks SO yummy! Also, I haven't seen the peppermint mocha creamer out yet! That stuff is my faaaave! I'm using pumpkin spice now :)

Popular Posts