It's Ok Thursday....



Its <span class=

It's ok....

...to have to eat crow after your temper tantrum to your hubs yesterday. you see when baking the Chocolate Ganache Cake (see yesterday's post) the timer went off. Now granted we were both in the kitchen....but only he heard it....and he turned it off. He didn't tell me "hey the timer went off" or take the cake out of the oven...he just turned it off. About 15 mins later it dawned on me my cake should be done...when I looked at the stove the timer was off....I flew to the cake and jerked it out. Of course I went into "OMG WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME OR TAKE IT OUT" rant. He said the ..usual "why? you were standing there too" ...needless to say

THE CAKE TASTED DIVINE last night w/the inlaws....today I eat crow

...to be baking up a storm for the Baby's Playgroup for tomorrow morning and that your more excited about getting to hang out with other mommies than seeing babies...

...to have a theme for the Playgroup even though all the mommy's will be mad b/c that's not what it's about. I'm still in party planning mode. (Theme...black, white, pink zebra)

...to have made 8 different clothespin drink markers for all our drinks.

...to have found some of these cookies for the theme too to bake.

...to realize that your daughter peeing on the floor is better than her holding it all day like before....you love the smell of your Febreeze scented swiffer mop.

...that your family ate all the Scarecrow Crunch (see Tuesday blog) in one day... you bought enough to double the batch and will refill today.

... that your daughter slept in this shirt....

it's Texas...we protect our own here (thanks Auntie Rachel for the shirt)

...that your sweet baby boy woke up 3 times last night. Those dark circles add color to your pale face.

...that your son has a girlfriend....you're still his # 1 girl. (right?!!!)


Comments

Megan Ashley said…
OMG, I just died a little from that shirt. I need one :)
Anonymous said…
That shirt is classic!!! She's smiling because what she's thinking is... "mommy, i just peed on the floor again"
Dianna said…
Those pink zebra cookies are absolutely adorable!! Oh no a girlfriend!! That is crazy!
Caroline said…
Oh no! Here's to hoping today is MUCH better! Love L's shirt!
Anna said…
Love that little shirt!!
Liz Taylor said…
OK that shirt on her is too freaking cute
Amber said…
Oooh I love those pink cookies, I think I have them pinned too :) Lily looks precious in her shirt, so funny. And yes, you'll always be all of your boys #1 girl :)
mountain mama said…
i wonder if it's just because the other mama's are jealous that they aren't as creative ;)
Stef said…
Those cookies look yummy! I wanna come to your playgroup!
Molly said…
I LOVE that you have a playgroup theme! My neighborhood has weekly playgroup and I always go all out when I host. Its so fun!
Neely said…
He has a gf?!?!

Popular Posts