Learning to Relearn

First off, thanks to those that had encouraging comments!  Posting before pictures is really hard to begin with...let alone on a public forum.  But real is real....and the afters will be worth the journey!

I made excuses like everyone...

I have 6 kids I don't have time
I have to feed everyone else I don't want to make 2 meals
I like my food
I'm too tired to work out with all I do
The excuses kept coming

Having to take a good look at how I have been eating the past 5 years is a huge eye opener.  I really just ate what I liked when I wanted it.  But with having 3 additional kids in a 4 year period and aging....(shock)  my body doesn't respond like it used to

The past 6 weeks I cut out horrible nasty processed foods and ate great

These next 3 weeks on the 21 Day Fix I am eating smaller portions but more often.  Which is huge for me.  I'm a 3 big meals 1 snack a day girl and NEVER after dinner.  So I'm having to learn how to eat to fuel my body!

Monday I had my little containers all mapped out with what I would eat

Each day I get 

3 green containers (your veggies)
2 purple (your fruits)
4 red (protein)
2 yellow (starches)
1 blue (cheeses or nuts)
1 orange (seeds or dressings)
1 tsp (nut butters or chocolate chips)

Here is what I ate on Monday


Here is Tuesday 

(yes had a shake and same lunch again....)


I'm trying really hard to not cheat on this meal plan.  But

There is always a but

I still want my coffee ...so I have cut my cup in half and my creamer (which is a no no) in half too...which basically is enough to wet my whistle and that is enough

The work outs are intense.  Well for me since I'm so out of shape.  All I can say is THANK GOODNESS THESE ARE ONLY ONCE A WEEK. 

There are enough workouts for the entire week and then repeat for 21 days.

I have to modify a bunch and a few times stop...I'm hoping by the end of this I have few modifications and zero stops!!!

Want more info ...shoot me an email or click the link 21 Day Fix

Doing the 21 Day Fix too?  Let's share meal ideas!

Comments

This is great! I like the color coordinating Tupperware for your meals! Meal planning is hard and I couldn't imagine it with all the kiddies but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
jen said…
I don't know how I missed your post yesterday. You are one brave woman, and I especially can't believe the difference in the side view. Wow, girl! You keep going! I feel like I'm having to reteach myself how to eat lately as well. It sucks! Keep strong!
Dana said…
Awesome! I am doing it too...I am on day 15 and loving it!! Good luck to you!

Popular Posts