It's the Pan....It Made Me


Donut Pans

Have you seen them?  It's my new obsession.  You saw how the other day I made some Cinnamon Sugar Donuts?


Well then later that day I used the same recipe and omitted the cinnamon and nutmeg combination and instead folded in some mini chocolate chips (I just poured some...I didn't measure)
and made a Nutella Glaze for the top



Oh sweet Bessie were those delish

Nutella Glaze

1/2 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
1-2 tbs HOT water
1-2 tbs (I used like 4) nutella

mix all together adding water to thin until desired consistency

My children inhaled them yesterday and my oldest and I quote told me "Mom you NAILED these"

So they saved them for their breakfast this morning and instructed me to make more 

My In Laws were coming for dinner and my MIL saw my IG pictures and sent me a txt letting me know Chocolate Donuts were her FAVORITE.  I got the hint and made these today


I used the recipe over at Joy the Baker, but not her glaze

For my chocolate glaze

3/4 chocolate chips
3 tbs butter
1 tbs light corn syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla

I heated in the microwave for about a min and then stirred until smooth

Chocolate Baked Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze
makes about 10 doughnuts
recipe adapted from Shutterbean
For the Doughnuts:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted until just browned
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 325  degrees F.  Spray a doughnut baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar.
In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold together until all of the ingredients are well combined.  Scrape the bottom of the bowl to ensure that you’re not leaving any flour behind.  

Use a small spoon to portion batter into the prepared doughnut baking pan.  Each doughnut mold should be about two-thirds full.  Bake doughnuts for 11 to 13 minutes or until a skewer inserted into one of the doughnuts comes out clean.  

Remove from the oven.  Allow to rest for five minutes before inverting doughnuts onto a wire rack to cool completely.  

Allow doughnuts to cool completely before glazing.


During my many many pans of baking donuts lately....I HAVE SINCE REALIZED  it is BEST to FILL to the top.  Recipes say 3/4 full but I messed up on my first few batches and the hole filled in. I used an apple corer to punch the hole out

WHAT I REALIZED IS THE DONUTS ARE PRETTIER AND FLUFFIER when I filled to the top.

They were sad and puny when filled 2/3  or 3/4 full

SO go for it!

Comments

Yum! These look amazing. We posted some strawberry glazed donuts yesterday!

Popular Posts