Get In My Belly.....

I've got a recipe I can't believe I haven't shared...

Every time I go to make it I pull my recipe tab up on my blog and it's not there...

What is it?  

Potato Soup

This one is by far my favorite...I've tried about 4 recipes and I keep coming back to this one...

Where from?  Oh Southern Living Homestyle Favorites Cookbook



  • 5 large baking potatoes (peeled and cubed..about 4 1/2 lbs)
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 2 celery ribs chopped
  • 2 carrots chopped
  • 1 8oz package of cream cheese softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened 
  • 1  10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 2 cups of water
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper 
  • Garnish: additional shredded Cheddar cheese, cooked and crumbled bacon, sliced green onions

Preparation

  1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a lg Dutch Oven and add water to cover.  Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 12 mins, or until potatoes are tender, drain
  2. Beat cream cheese and butter in medium bowl at med speed until creamy.  Add cream of chicken soup, beat well.  Gradually add milk, beating until smooth;  add milk mixture to potato mixture. 
  3.  Stir in 2 cups of water, salt, and pepper.  Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 mins, stirring occasionally.  Mash soup until desired consistency.  (we leave a few big chunks in ours)
  4. Top with additional shredded Cheddar cheese, cooked and crumbled bacon, sliced green onions

    This soup will thicken as it sits...so I add more milk at the end.

    I even love this the next day for lunch...add a half of a sandwich and on a cold day this hits the spot

Comments

Vanessa said…
This sounds amazing!

Honestly, I just read recipe name and saw the picture. Bacon and cheese? I'm sold!

(Pinning this, by the way!)
mountain mama said…
oh...yum! will need to try this, the kids have been wanting potato soup.
PCovi said…
I was wondering if it was going to be the one with cream cheese and a can of soup. My friend makes this...OH YUMMM!

Popular Posts