Don't Tell But You're My Favorite

I tell all the kids they are my favorite.  I am hoping they will secretly tell the other sibs and then they will realize I have 6 favorites.

This morning they truly thought I picked a favorite.

You see I do birthday specials....but birthday breakfasts can be difficult.  You see if your birthday falls during the week then YES I can make a birthday treat for breakfast.

If your birthday falls on a weekend it's iffy.  I try to catch a few mins longer *as if* of sleep and laze around that morning not doing anything.  I mean it's my day off right?

*SIDE NOTE....if you are a mom and know how to have a day off please come talk to me and tell me your secret*

Also some of the kids slept in so late on their birthday it was lunch time by the time they got up...and it ruins the breakfast treat I made...so I quit.
Anywho....I've decided you only get a birthday dinner and dessert.....

Well today is child #2's 14 BIRTHDAY

I adore him...

He was his typical self this morning.  Said he shouldn't have to go to school ...he didn't last year.  

I reminded him that his birthday fell on a weekend...Nice try! 

Last night he asked if I would make pancakes for his birthday.....all the other kids shouted...

SHE DOESN'T DO BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST...

Enter this morning...

Reid got up around 5ish...He usually hollers my name at random times...but he will go back to sleep.  Well he kept hollering.  I just climbed back in bed from a night feeding with Cole...so sadly I was still wide awake...

I trudged out of bed and stuck my ear to Reid's door...I am so afraid that the tummy bug that has been hitting other homes is going to make it to my door.....I heard him wide awake calling me...

So in I go....boy felt warm...took his temp and it was a slight fever.....so off to the couch we went and snuggled on the couch in the dark watching Max and Ruby.

And then I had a brilliant idea to make pancakes.  I haven't made them since Pole was born....

I made some mini choc chip mini pancakes.

Oh Lordy......guess what I did?  I made a treat on someones birthday. 

"He's your favorite huh?"

"What?"

"You NEVER make Birthday breakfast"

"Yep you got  me....child #2 is my favorite..."

WOW they got me huh!  haha

Point is....I'm up early...looking haggard....making pancakes wrestling demons out the door for school.

Back to sweets.....?  (we were talking sweets right?)

I ask each child what dessert they want for their birthday...thankfully no one ever says Cake...

I've had requests for ....Lemon Bars...Cookie Cakes, Banana Pudding, Pies, and today?  White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies.

I'm a tad excited....I've not made them before....(I know shocking)
________________________________________

Last night I made a photo collage of my 6 kids at 3 months of age.  They all look different, but yet some look the same too....

Remember this one...all of them at 6 weeks

5

Here they all are at 3 months


Lily cracked me up because she went through a tongue hanging out phase....we called it her

Rock Band Kiss phase!  

Love my kids...and love seeing them growing up. 

and for the record...the child that is my favorite is the one that keeps their room clean...so far the oldest is in the lead!  haha

Comments

Dianna said…
LOVE the comparison! Reid and Pole looks so much alike but Pole appears to have a longer face! You sure do make some cute kiddos!
jen said…
My secret for a day off--convince Dad to take all the kids overnight to a hotel. IT IS AWESOME!!
LeAnna said…
You've done ruined it now! Birthday breakfasts are going to be in hot demand! ;) Love the comparison pics, too cute!
Love the comparison pics...they are all so adorable.
Happy Bday to #2!!

You done it now...fancy birthday breakfasts are the thing!!
Meagan said…
My Nana used to tell us all that we were her favorite. I loved it.
Unknown said…
It's so cool that you do this! I am fascinated with "which kid looks like who" and how they compare to other family members. No on in my family seems to care as much as I do but one day they (or their wives) will appreciate the side by sides. What adorable kids you have.

Popular Posts