Updates.....

Well goooooood mawn'n (said in her best southern accent)

Thanks for the prayers....The surgery went terrific. His shredded acl was repaired and the tear in his meniscus actually had healed itself...(PTL)

Dear son was pretty much tired and slept on and off the whole day.....and night. The knee was still numb and so thankfully he wasn't in any pain on Monday....I was a worried wreck that during the night he would start to feel pain and I wouldn't be there to get his med's. So what does a momma do? She can't sleep and pretty much is on alert the whole night listening to every sound. Ok that and dude has a dry cough and I was up most of the night anyways....(did I mention I'm tired?)

I went to the store and spent double what I normally do for the week buying all of his favorite foods.....I mean the boy had surgery...and is going to be off his leg for a week if not more and I get to play nurse maid

I got to cook all his favorite foods for dinner...I think I'm spoiling him for his future wife...but I just basically put myself in his shoes and thought..."what would I need to recover fully and how would I like to be treated?"

I put a little snack bucket next to where he is sleeping in case he's hungry, pills for feeling nauseous at night ...a bottle water and his video games and laptop. I tried to keep all his bases covered in case he couldn't sleep.

All in all things are going pretty ok...he's in slight pain...and has been resting comfortably ....we head to the dr on Friday for a checkup to change the bandage. I'm also hoping they will give us the go ahead to take the brace off for a bit so he can shower. We are attempting to wash his long locks of hair in the sink today...guess what? I think he finally wants to get it cut...shorter than a trim. All I can say is wow! (and then keep my mouth shut)

As for me....? I am feeling 100%. Man oh Man that was one horrible day.....those 24 hr bugs thankfully are just that 24 hrs. I think it was so hard on me b/c I didn't get to rest like I needed. Reid was going through some "My mother better not leave my sight or not hold me or I'll scream like a banshee" and Lily? well she was in high form....needless to say I rolled around in pain on the living room rug while the babies climbed all over me ....I wanted to die and was literally grinding my teeth with exhaustion. Typical that Reid also would take a 1 hr nap when he normally takes a 3 hr and a small early evening one. It's like I was being paid back for something....

Again thanks for all the prayers......keep em coming for fast recovery.

Any good plans for your Turkey Day tomorrow? We are having the family here....can't wait!!!!



Comments

carissa said…
Girl, I'm so glad your better! I had something, too, and life is just crazy when mama is sick, huh?! I am glad your big boy and his knee are okay. I hope you guys can relax a little tomorrow - you deserve it! Happy Thansgiving, my dear!
Neely said…
Glad you had a good week and that your kiddo is feeling better. Have a great Thanksgiving my friend!
nomo wino daph said…
Glad to hear everything went well & all is on the mend!

I hope you all have a blessed & safe Thanksgiving!!

Much Love, Daph
Caroline said…
Prayers for y'all always! Can't wait to see your Thanksgiving goodies! :) xoxox
Whew! Hate to hear you had that bug. :( At least you're better for Thanksgiving dinner!

Praying that your son has a speedy recovery!
Dana said…
Glad his surgery went well and glad you are feeling better!!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
Heather said…
I just discovered your site! I love it! Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery and for you to get some kick up your feet time. Being a full-time nurse (even to your own kids!) is hard work! :-)

Popular Posts